+ Reply to Thread
Page 2501 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 1501200124012451249124992500250125022503251125512601 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,010 of 29491

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Les Fleur de Lys: Reflections.
    Cd comp of their so collectable '60s 45's..

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    Good one Dom.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

The Birds: The Collector's Guide To Rare British Birds.

another 60's comp of rare 45's etc. Ronnie Woods first band.......

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Mark.

Started the evening with this great debut from the wonderful Tracy Chapman. I saw her in 2003 at the Apollo Ardwick Green Manchester on the Let it Rain tour, awesome except for the reggae encore which really wasn't her forte !

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Steve.

The Factory: Path Through The Forest.
    CD Comp of their only 2 45's and acetates... Try a little Sunshine is a dessert island jobbie...

Turn the volume to 13!!!

I'm Mark.

Playing now, one of my all time favourite artists, I have had the good fortune to see him three times, first time at the NEC in 1990 on the Stormfront Tour and again 1994 on the River of Dreams tour then finaly in 2006 on the World Tour at Sheffield Hallam Arena with Peter Kay in the audience !

Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Next up this superb album from 1982 by the late great Joe Cocker. Produced by Chris Blackwell and Alex Sadkin and featuring the Compass Point All-Stars - Mikey Chung, Sly Dunbar, Wally Badarou, Robbie Shakespeare, Barry Reynolds and Uziah "Sticky" Thompson plus guest vocals by the legendary Jimmy Cliff and Robert Palmer.

I'm Mark.

What better way to close the evening, with what must surely be, one of the all-time great live albums by the incomparable Eva Cassidy. Recorded in January 1996 just 10 months before her sad death at just 33. There are few artists capable of pulling off versions of songs from such a diverse range of writers but Miss Cassidy does it with such consumate ease !

"Cheek to Cheek" (Irving Berlin) – 4:03

"Stormy Monday" (T-Bone Walker) – 5:49

"Bridge over Troubled Water" (Paul Simon) – 5:33

"Fine and Mellow" (Billie Holiday) – 4:03

"People Get Ready" (Curtis Mayfield) – 3:36

"Blue Skies" (Irving Berlin) – 2:37

"Tall Trees in Georgia" (Buffy St. Marie) – 4:05

"Fields of Gold" (Sting) – 4:57

"Autumn Leaves" (Joseph Kosma,*Johnny Mercer,*Jacques Prévert) – 4:57

"Honeysuckle Rose" (Andy Razaf,*Thomas "Fats" Waller) – 3:14

"Take Me to the River" (Al Green,*Mabon "Teenie" Hodges) – 3:51

"What a Wonderful World" (Bob Thiele,*George David Weiss) – 5:50

"Oh, Had I a Golden Thread" (Pete Seeger) – 4:46 (Studio Session)

Last edited by Rush2112; 30-03-2023 at 22:52.

I'm Grant.

My One and Only Thrill

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

dire straits

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread