+ Reply to Thread
Page 2290 of 2370 FirstFirst ... 129017902190224022802288228922902291229223002340 ... LastLast
Results 22,891 to 22,900 of 23694

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post

THE COVER BY ITSELF MAKES YOU WANNA PLAY THIS ALBUM!!!
    Her best album imo.

I remember many years ago hearing the title track through some giant KEF floorstanders at a hifi show in Bolton (Cleartone). Made my ears pop.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete812 View Post
    last one before bed

12" single
    Not familiar with that one, but I do like William Orbit. He knows how to fill your room with bass. Check out 'Spirit' by Caroline Lavelle, you'll see what I mean
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' BOSE, CAMBRIDGE & SONY HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S -

**I’ve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

**Hate makes you impotent, Love makes you crazy. Somewhere in the middle you can survive.**

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy.”

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself. -- Johann Sebastian Bach.

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' BOSE, CAMBRIDGE & SONY HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S -

**I’ve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

**Hate makes you impotent, Love makes you crazy. Somewhere in the middle you can survive.**

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy.”

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself. -- Johann Sebastian Bach.

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

finishing up with this from Dan Tyminski.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Loz.

I CAN SEE BY READING THE LISTINGS IN THIS THREAD THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF FANS OF SOLO FEMALE ARTISTS; WELL, THAT BEING SAID, FURTHER TO MY PREVIOUS COUPLE OF POSTS IN THIS THREAD, HERE'S ANOTHER OF MY FAVOURITE FEMALE ARTIST' ALBUMS.

TINA TURNER, WHAT A PERFORMER, WHAT A VOICE AND WHAT A SURVIVOR - BRILLIANT!!!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Thorens TD-166MkII. Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. Chord Flat Strand cable.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I CAN SEE BY READING THE LISTINGS IN THIS THREAD THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF FANS OF SOLO FEMALE ARTISTS; WELL, THAT BEING SAID, FURTHER TO MY PREVIOUS COUPLE OF POSTS IN THIS THREAD, HERE'S ANOTHER OF MY FAVOURITE FEMALE ARTIST' ALBUMS.

TINA TURNER, WHAT A PERFORMER, WHAT A VOICE AND WHAT A SURVIVOR - BRILLIANT!!!!!
    No complaints there.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

THE COVER BY ITSELF MAKES YOU WANNA PLAY THIS ALBUM!!!
    Agreed - the only Grace Jones offering I have is the 12" single 'Slave to the Rhythmn':

Label: ZTT – 12IS 206
    Format: Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Single
    Released: Sep 1985
    Genre: Electronic, Funk / Soul
    Style: Gogo, Soul, Funk
    Barry

I'm Charles.

Sounding spectacular and the amp is getting toasty pushing the Maggies!

Preamp | Amplifier: QUAD Artera Pre | Emotive XPA-2 Gen 2
    Analogue Sources: Nakamichi DR-1 | Pioneer RT-1020L | Technics SL-1700MK2
    DAC | Digital Sources: Schiit Bifrost 2 Multibit | Raspberry Pi 4 | JVC XL-Z411
    Speakers | Subwoofers: Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio | Monster HTS 5000
    Cables: Wireworld | Pangea Audio | AudioQuest

+ Reply to Thread