+ Reply to Thread
Page 2144 of 2976 FirstFirst ... 11441644204420942134214221432144214521462154219422442644 ... LastLast
Results 21,431 to 21,440 of 29757

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Donald Fagen - 'The Nightfly'

Label: Warner Bros. Records – 9 23696-2
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: 1983
    Genre: Jazz, Rock
    Style: Fusion
    Barry

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm sorted.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post
    One of my favourite albums from my late teenage years, along with DM Speak and Spell, John Foxx Metamatic and a few others.

Has it got being boiled in it? I had the single can't remember if it was on the album too. Seem to recall a different version being on it.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    One of my favourite albums from my late teenage years, along with DM Speak and Spell, John Foxx Metamatic and a few others.

Has it got being boiled in it? I had the single can't remember if it was on the album too. Seem to recall a different version being on it.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
    Hi
    Yes it has got Being Boiled on it. Its a great album!! I bought it when it came out on vinyl (as I did with most music) back in the day and I still have it - just a mint as the day I bought it. I have since bought the remaster (that has the extra tracks) on CD which is excellent. I also have Depeche Mode Speak and Spell and (like yourself) many others from that music movement - it was great!!

I'm Steve.

Finally got a chance to play this, a week after picking it up:

And I have to say it was worth the wait. Superb versions of classic Zep songs, clearly engineered and produced by people who want to make it the best it can be I can see this becoming a bit of a reference recording, in the same league as Hugh Masekela's "Hope".

My only criticism is the 3-disc 45rpm format - with just two tracks per side you spend nearly as much time turning them over as listening to them. I'm sure the four tracks on disc three could have gone onto the other two discs no problem. I can only think that they were looking to maximise its perceived value. And cheap it ain't. Just glad I got this half price. Result!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post
    Hi
    Yes it has got Being Boiled on it. Its a great album!! I bought it when it came out on vinyl (as I did with most music) back in the day and I still have it - just a mint as the day I bought it. I have since bought the remaster (that has the extra tracks) on CD which is excellent. I also have Depeche Mode Speak and Spell and (like yourself) many others from that music movement - it was great!!
    Being Boiled my favourite Human League track by a country mile I remember the first time I heard it - it came on the sound system just ahead of Pixies' coming on stage around 1989. Thought it was Depeche Mode!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dominick.

I'm Loz.

GREAT MIX OF GUITARS AND SYNTHS!!!

+ Reply to Thread