+ Reply to Thread
Page 1742 of 2951 FirstFirst ... 74212421642169217321740174117421743174417521792184222422742 ... LastLast
Results 17,411 to 17,420 of 29503

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Love Affair: The Everlasting Love Affair CD reish but the '68 CBS album is on the shelf..

Easy to dismiss because of the pop hits of Everlasting Love and Rainbow Valley but if you appreciate Deep Purple's 1st album you should really like this..

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Just so good, sounds like new after its ultrasonic clean.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience ‎– Electric Ladyland Part 2
    Label: Track Record ‎– 613017
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1969

I have the parts 1 and 2 double, with the bare ladies on the cover, but I wish I still had my old separates, with the nice artwork on part one with flying Mekons. Always like the live Voodoo Chile, sounded like an audience of about four
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I have the parts 1 and 2 double, with the bare ladies on the cover, but I wish I still had my old separates, with the nice artwork on part one with flying Mekons. Always like the live Voodoo Chile, sounded like an audience of about four
    Yep, it’s a great album and really good recording

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Bob Marley & The Wailers ‎– Legend (The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers)
    Label: Island Records ‎– BMW 1
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Gatefold

An excellent sampler - every track a winner (save "I Shot the Sheriff", which was better covered by Eric Clapton).
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Box of Frogs - 'Box of Frogs'

and

Box of Frogs - 'Strange Land'

Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    An excellent sampler - every track a winner (save "I Shot the Sheriff", which was better covered by Eric Clapton).
    Not a big fan of 'Best ofs', but that is a good tracklist. What's the SQ like? Often it can be quite variable when individual tracks cover a time span.

Agree about the Eric Clapton thing, and how's the "Stir it Up" track? I know his mate Johnny Nash's version (which did well in the charts and was one of my mum's most played singles), but don't know if I ever heard this.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Not a big fan of 'Best ofs'
    Really? Scarcely a day goes by when my 'Best of The Batchelors' or 'Best of The Beastie Boys' don't get a spin.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dominick.

I'm Steve.

I did consider getting "The worst of the Beastie Boys", till I found it was a six-disc boxset

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Adrian.

Not a big fan of 'Best ofs', but that is a good tracklist. What's the SQ like? Often it can be quite variable when individual tracks cover a time span.

Agree about the Eric Clapton thing, and how's the "Stir it Up" track? I know his mate Johnny Nash's version (which did well in the charts and was one of my mum's most played singles), but don't know if I ever heard this.
    IMO it is very good on SQ front, it is in the top 100 albums list of all time, so if you want some Bob but not all it’s a good one.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread