+ Reply to Thread
Page 1725 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 72512251625167517151723172417251726172717351775182522252725 ... LastLast
Results 17,241 to 17,250 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

Spinning now, one of my favourite Oldfield albums, it has some great musical content, and huge dynamics with great operation and soundstage.

Mike Oldfield ‎– Amarok
    Label: Virgin ‎– V 2640, Virgin ‎– 210 707
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1990

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dominick.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

I remember buying that on release or thereabouts. They were always playing tracks on Radio Caroline. ��
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Adrian.

Never heard of Roy Clark before I came across this in a charity shop, turns out he was a huge star in USA through the 60's and into the 90's, primarily a Country and Western performer and multi-instrumentalist, he also acted and was a comedian. He won quite a number of awards from Country Music Association (CMA) and others, he is recognised as having a huge influence on C&W music and popularising it. This record is a mix of him performing popular songs and doing so rather well, he only put 38 album and quite a few singles, many of both made the charts.

Roy Clark ‎– Entertainer
    Label: Ember Records ‎– NR 5077
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Compilation, Stereo
    Released: 1974

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Steve.

Springsteen: Western Stars..
    superb stuff and a very very long way away from Born To Run.

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Adrian.

Osibisa ‎– Osibisa
    Label: MCA Records ‎– MDKS 8001, MCA Records ‎– MAPS 4740
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, Gatefold, Black/Blue labels
    Released: 1971

I'm Dominick.

I'm Grant.

Rhiannon Giddens
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Cracking thread this. I think I have owned 90% of the aged Rock discs you guys are picking up.

If you ever go to London, have a pint in the Salisbury Pub in St. Martin's Lane before you catch the Train home. An homage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sa..._Covent_Garden

The Stones used to drink there. Picture of Marianne Faithfull on the wall, looking wasted but lovely.

I surprised myself today. Picked up "My Fair Lady" the musical for a pound.

Kiri Te Kanawa and, of all people, Jeremy Irons. Oh Lor, Julie Andrews meets Brideshead Revisited. Can't wait!

My dear old mum's favourite record was "I could have danced all night". So I expect I'll be blubbing by the end.

I'm Steve.

How did "My Fair Lady" (A London Musical) on Decca turn out?

Bloody Rubbish, IMO.

Kiri Te, who is a good singer was severely miscast as the Cockney Flower-seller, she failed to convince me she was born within a mile of Bow Bells.

Jeremy Irons hardly attempted to sing. Surprise star of the Show was Warren Mitchell. A proper Cockney.

John Gielgud got a fairly minor and unconvincing Role.

The LSO turned in a decent performance.

Give me Rex Harrison and Julie Andrews any day.

+ Reply to Thread