+ Reply to Thread
Page 1707 of 2985 FirstFirst ... 70712071607165716971705170617071708170917171757180722072707 ... LastLast
Results 17,061 to 17,070 of 29841

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Dominick.

I'm Adrian.

Wonderful songwriter and musician, I never get tired of listening to him.

Jackson Browne ‎– Late For The Sky
    Label: Asylum Records ‎– K 43007
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Steve Hackett ‎– Highly Strung
    Label: Charisma ‎– HACK 1, Charisma ‎– 811 209-1
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1983

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Marillion ‎– Script For A Jester's Tear
    Label: EMI ‎– 1C 064-07 715
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Gatefold
    Released: Mar 1983

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by cube-tube View Post
    My favourite Talking Heads album - mine has a sticker stating "Direct metal Mastering". Don't know how beneficial this is, but it is a damn good recording...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to have a couple of his LPs, but never got into them, so got rid of the albums. But then I never rated Gong either and got rid of the couple of LPs I had of them.
    That's the spirit! If you have something you can't get on with, move it on to a loving home... by the way are you still struggling to like your Steely Dan albums? In particular "Can't Buy a Thrill" and "Pretzel Logic"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Been to lots of concerts over the years, but I can't think of many I enjoyed as much as these folks

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Excellent LP Steve. In fact they're all good with the possible exception, IMO, of "Even in the Quietest Moments".
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That's the spirit! If you have something you can't get on with, move it on to a loving home... by the way are you still struggling to like your Steely Dan albums? In particular "Can't Buy a Thrill" and "Pretzel Logic"
    I bought scores of LPs in the early to mid '80s, when they were being sold off cheaply (99p) in supermarkets, newsagents and even some corner shops. I bought a load of 'crap' (or rather material which didn't 'click' with me), so passed them on to jumble sales (this was before the rise of the now ubiquitous charity shops).

Apropos Steely Dan, I don't dislike them, nor do I want to rave about them. In my view they made some LPs with excellent production values. Elevator music it ain't, but in my attempt to try and find out just what it was that people liked about Steely Dan (apart from a schoolboy snigger at their name), I ended up buying all of their LPs - and I have still haven't found out.

I'm slowly going through my LP collection and am embarrassed to find I have duplications of several recordings (especially classical). These go the charity shops in return for CDs, which can, on occasion, be a duplication of something I have already - and so it goes around!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread