+ Reply to Thread
Page 1504 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 50410041404145414941502150315041505150615141554160420042504 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,040 of 29499

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Gary.

Today I have been mostly...
    Spinning vinyl converting to digital into the Dac.
    Not really had a play with it up till now really... 24/96 is what’s recommended, but outputing it to the Dac at double rate DSD is hitting the sweet spot.
    (Can see the readout on the Dacs display what signal it’s being fed.)

i2s to the Dac sounds great compared to the direct XLR analogue output to the preamp, just as good but a slightly different presentation.

Continuing the Zep-A-Thon, not listened to these all the way through in years, good fun.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 09-05-2020 at 13:58.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Top Notch!
    Have the red vinyl LP too, the remaster sounds fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Vangelis: Blade Runner. 2013 ltd and numbered red vinyl

AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Top Notch!
    Have the red vinyl LP too, the remaster sounds fantastic.
    Amen, awesome pressing, Audio Fidelity live up to their name. Possibly my fave movie ever but I'll admit that I haven't got a clue as to what happens in the world of Cinema.

before putting Vangelis on the TT I was playing:-

I'm also a sucker for any of the Morricone spaghettis.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Gary.

Hateful Eight is a great soundtrack, showing that Morricone still had the Magic.

Blade Runners one of my favourites too, Movie and particularly the soundtrack.
    Seen the movie last year at the Albert Hall, live orchestra played the soundtrack, was an awesome experience.

Have another booked for this October (John Williams Superman), not sure how likely that’s gonna be now.

Grant (Struth) loves his Morricone as well.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Hateful Eight is a great soundtrack, showing that Morricone still had the Magic.

Seen the movie last year at the Albert Hall, live orchestra played the soundtrack, was an awesome experience.

Have another booked for this October (John Williams Superman), not sure how likely that’s gonna be now.

Grant (Struth) loves his Morricone as well.
    The Albert Hall sounds awesome but sadly it wouldn't be for me purely because I refuse full stop to go to London for anything. can't handle being blatantly ripped off just for the "pleasure"
    of being there.

The other year I drove to Newcastle to See Loreena McKennitt rather than go to London. We had a great time and didn't feel like we were being mugged.

A Change of Direction now.. and I think I'll be doing a bit of roots and dub after this:

The Paragons: On The Beach. 2018 Red vinyl reish.

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Roots.
    Dadawah ‎– Peace And Love.
    recentish CD Reish.

I'm Steve.

Tommy McCook: Blazing Horns / Tenor In Roots 2003 CD

I'm Adrian.

Continuing with one of my favourite bands, and a new acquisition, many years since I have heard this one.

Wishbone Ash ‎– New England Label:
    MCA Records ‎– MCG 3523, MCA Records ‎– 0C 064 98 329, MCA Records ‎– MCA 2238
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Gatefold
    Released: 1976
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Pop Rock, Classic Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

And now for something completely differen, and I mean that......................................

This came along with another record as packers withe side of 3 records I had purchased from a dealer in Holland. Presumably this and the other one were considered throw aways. It is actually in very good condition and I thought I would give it a whirl, strangely enough I actually recognise some of the track from somewhere, I think they must have been played on the radio in my youth. There is even a thigh slapping song. How he did that when playing the accordion I have no idea.

It is actually quite interesting to hear how it sounds on my system.

John Woodhouse & His Magic Accordion* ‎– Woodhouse In Wien
    Label: Philips ‎– 873 000 UBY, Philips ‎– UBY 873 000
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Pop, Classical, Folk, World, & Country

There back in English, mine is in Dutch
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Yeahhh!!! Amazon just delivered..

ordered this when playing a couple of the "Repertoire" remasters the other day..

It is sounding splendiferous....

+ Reply to Thread