+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 2920 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Grant.

What's American six like Andy? Not heard that one. Must have passed me by.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Modern Dylan at his best on 200gm vinyl
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    What's American six like Andy? Not heard that one. Must have passed me by.
    Hi Grant

American VI is every bit a good as the first 5 in the series.
    Though not the most played of the bunch (by me) it is excellent, in vocals, musicianship and production (Rick Rubin)
    A good buy for anyone.
    Have mention to a few people about Johnny Cash, I usually get a laugh from them. That is until they hear anyone of his American Series recordings.
    Then the laugh is on them, someone I sadly missed for a long time, but have made amends now
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Grant.

Cheers Andy, I'll put it on my list of future,s then. Got his new one...way to the stars I think its called. Very good too!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

Another favorite of mine;
    Rush - Clockwork Angels

I'm Grant.

Used to own a box set of rush..triple album that I think was called archives. Quite liked it.dunno what happened to it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Used to own a box set of rush..triple album that I think was called archives. Quite liked it.dunno what happened to it.
    Pretty much the same with me, use to have quite a bit of Rush.
    Though for some reason, can't find all I thought I use to own.
    Will have to re-buy it now I think.

I'm Andy.

Currently spinning this, a long time contributor to George Duke recordings;
    Stanley Clarke - East River Drive

I'm John.

Nothing like Ronnie Lane to cheer you up on a wet Winter afternoon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm john.

Klaus Schulze - Contemporary Works..10 cd set and I.m on disc 7..one of my first purchases on the bay 10 years ago. Cost quite a lot but some is excellent some meandering boring pish..
    John.

+ Reply to Thread