+ Reply to Thread
Page 1219 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 2197191119116912091217121812191220122112291269131917192219 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,190 of 29493

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Sade - Diamond Life (1984)

Just realised this album has recently turned 35! Doesn't seem that old!? Apparently, it is "Sophisti-pop" - which is now a thing, and I never knew.
    Whatever, a nice mellow start to the day's music. Not a duff track on it.
    "Sophisti-pop"? Not to be confused with "Yacht- Rock".

Anyway, her first and best.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Sophisti-pop"? Not to be confused with "Yacht- Rock".
    Well that's a new one on me, too! But yes, both "a thing" and not to be confused with each other!

Wikepdia: Sophisti-Pop Yacht Rock

Time to play some Yacht Rock, then!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Paul.

Trentemoller - Reworked/remixed

Allways nice to listen to.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Adrian.

A favourite of mine

Deep Purple ‎– Fireball
    Label: Harvest ‎– SHVL 793, Harvest ‎– IE 064 o 92726
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Textured Gatefold
    Released: Sep 1971
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Hard Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie72 View Post
    Trentemoller - Reworked/remixed

Allways nice to listen to.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Thought I was the only Trentemoller fan in the forum - good choice!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Adrian.

Purplefest, probably one the best Live Rock albums recorded

Deep Purple ‎– Made In Japan
    Label: Purple Records ‎– TPSP 351, Purple Records ‎– IE 192 o 93915-6
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1972
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Hard Rock, Classic Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thought I was the only Trentemoller fan in the forum - good choice!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
    No I’m pleased to say you are not!

I'm barry.

Big Big Train- Second Brightest Star

I'm barry.

Fantastic Vinyl sound quality. Tubby Hayes Grits, Beans And Greens. This is jaw dropping

"The recordings have been lovingly remastered at Gearbox Records' Studios, London, directly from the original tapes, using a Studer C37 ¼-inch stereo tape machine. They were then equalised through an all-valve mastering desk built bespoke for Decca studios in the late 1950s, Vintage Lang Pultec EQ, Prism Maselec EQ and Telefunken U73b valve limiters from 1959. The LP format lacquers were cut on a beautifully restored Haeco Scully Lathe from 1967 with Westrex (Western Electric) head and cutting amps: the same go-to lathe that Rudy Van Gelder used. "

I'm Adrian.

Based on yours and Alex_UK's recommendations I had a listen to some of Trentemøller ‎– Lost last night on Tidal and I rather liked it so will be having a further listen, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread