+ Reply to Thread
Page 1213 of 2930 FirstFirst ... 2137131113116312031211121212131214121512231263131317132213 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,130 of 29300

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

Some old school Pop/Disco, reached #3 in the UK charts in 1982, it's rather good with good songs and some nice bass lines.

Hot Chocolate ‎– Mystery
    Label: RAK ‎– SRAK 549, RAK ‎– 0C 062-64 933
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: Aug 1982
    Genre: Electronic
    Style: Synth-pop, Disco

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

This is my vinyl rip...sounds pretty good against the cd

Rhiannon Giddens
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Default Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I’d forgotten how good this was...

Men I Trust - Lauren

A stripped back version complete with incidental traffic

https://youtu.be/uYoF46qMuU4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

With a few adjustments jriver is now up on bigred too.

Great to have a relatively quick machine again

Carole Bayer Sager.

fabulous album this.. quite a talent was carole
    Last edited by struth; 20-07-2019 at 09:48.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

From one Carole to next...King that is...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

Saxon - Battering Ram

HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Grant.

Billy Joel.

Used go to a piano bar and the Canadian pianist used to play most of these for me, especially if i put a tip in his jar...i e a drink usually.

edit.. the bar had to have the live music to comply with the licence, so when the pianist didnt turn up(when he went on a bender usually) I used to go up and play... kept us legal
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

The Who ‎– Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy
    Label: Track Record ‎– 2406 006
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Stereo, Mono, Gatefold
    Released: 1971
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Beat, Mod

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm barry.

Received this the other day, a stunning piece of work and very apt for today

I'm Martin.

Default Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    I’d forgotten how good this was...

Men I Trust - Lauren

A stripped back version complete with incidental traffic

https://youtu.be/uYoF46qMuU4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good, this ones even more low tech

https://youtu.be/wGWGBH92m9A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread