+ Reply to Thread
Page 1207 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 2077071107115711971205120612071208120912171257130717072207 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,070 of 29308

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

An earlier listen, not everyones cup of tea, but this is a good one, IMO.

Donovan ‎– Cosmic Wheels
    Label: Epic ‎– EPC 65450
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1973
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Folk Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

A marvellous album currently spinning.

Donald Fagen ‎– The Nightfly
    Label: Warner Bros. Records ‎– 92.3696-1, Warner Bros. Records ‎– 92. 3696-1, Warner Bros. Records ‎– W 3696
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: 1982
    Genre: Jazz, Rock
    Style: Fusion, Pop Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm karl.

Listen to pretty much everything but always return to The Beatles, Cream, The Who and the Kinks

I'm Adrian.

Spun earlier

Joni Mitchell ‎– The Hissing Of Summer Lawns
    Label: Asylum Records ‎– SYLA 8763
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold, Embossed
    Released: 1976
    Genre: Jazz, Rock, Pop
    Style: Contemporary Jazz, Jazz-Rock, Soft Rock

I'm Adrian.

On the TT now:-

Manfred Mann's Earth Band ‎– Nightingales & Bombers
    Label: Bronze ‎– BRON 337
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1977
    Style: Prog Rock, Classic Rock

I'm Grant.

Default Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Procol Harum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

John Hartford.

Single handedly started the newgrass movement.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Spun earlier, this is a classic and should be in any self-respecting rock fans collection, this particular re-issue is excellent IMO :-

Black Sabbath ‎– Black Sabbath
    Label: Rhino Vinyl ‎– R1 1871, Rhino Records (2) ‎– 1871
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, 180 Gram
    Released: 23 Mar 2010 (original 1970)
    Style: Hard Rock, Blues Rock

I'm Adrian.

A Prog Rock classic, this is a very good re-issue.

Quatermass (3) ‎– Quatermass
    Label: Akarma ‎– AK 175/2
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
    Released: 2001
    Style: Blues Rock, Art Rock, Prog Rock, Symphonic Rock

I'm Adrian.

Well there has been quite a bit of controversy on the net about the recent re-mastered Pink Floyd albums that have been released over the last 3 years. I did some investigation and discovered what I think is correct and some interesting facts. "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" was originally recorded on a mix of analogue and digital by the band and then transferred to full digital for final mastering before being committed to CD or Vinyl. A similar process occurred with "The Division Bell". It appears that not much care at the time was taken with producing the vinyl versions of either albums, remember it was the age of the CD back then. From what I can find out subsequently nearly all Pink Floyds albums have been re-mastered at The Mastering Lab, chosen to get the best from the original masters with a view to getting a better vinyl result. Some cynics would say it's all a marketing ploy, well maybe but however the proof is in the pudding.

So I took the plunge and purchased both the above and I found both to be very good IMO. They certainly have all the dynamics and vibrancy you would expect, and they are very enjoyable. As I picked them up online at 50% discount I think they are a bargain buy,

Pink Floyd ‎– The Division Bell
    Label: Parlophone ‎– 0825646293285, Pink Floyd Records ‎– PFRLP14
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Gatefold, 180 Gram
    Released: 26 Aug 2016
    Style: Arena Rock, Prog Rock

+ Reply to Thread