+ Reply to Thread
Page 1188 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 1886881088113811781186118711881189119011981238128816882188 ... LastLast
Results 11,871 to 11,880 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    both are great albums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok Tony, 20 house points for you too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Ok Tony, 20 house points for you too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    wasn’t Thomas Dolby talked about as the next Michael Jackson album producer around the time of ‘Aliens ate..’?

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    wasn’t Thomas Dolby talked about as the next Michael Jackson album producer around the time of ‘Aliens ate..’?
    Well, that's one I wasn't aware of, though I'm hardly an expert! Another 20 HP whether it's made up or not!

This is quite interesting from Wkipedia: "After the release of "She Blinded Me with Science", Dolby Laboratories expressed concern regarding the musician's stage name. Dolby's record label refused to make him change his name, and Dolby Labs did not raise the issue again until later. After a lengthy legal battle, the court decided that Dolby Labs had no right to restrict the musician from using the name. It was agreed that the musician would not release any electronic equipment using the name.[8] Inventor/founder Dr. Ray Dolby had a son named Thomas, now a novelist and filmmaker professionally known as Tom Dolby"
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Well, that's one I wasn't aware of, though I'm hardly an expert! Another 20 HP whether it's made up or not!

This is quite interesting from Wkipedia: "After the release of "She Blinded Me with Science", Dolby Laboratories expressed concern regarding the musician's stage name. Dolby's record label refused to make him change his name, and Dolby Labs did not raise the issue again until later. After a lengthy legal battle, the court decided that Dolby Labs had no right to restrict the musician from using the name. It was agreed that the musician would not release any electronic equipment using the name.[8] Inventor/founder Dr. Ray Dolby had a son named Thomas, now a novelist and filmmaker professionally known as Tom Dolby"
    If it is made up from the recesses of my subconscious then it’s been pretty convincing!

I seem to remember a radio show talking about some such but who knows in the cold light of day!

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Adrian.

Time for a rest and relax with this one.

Rickie Lee Jones ‎– Pirates
    Label: Warner Bros. Records ‎– K 56816
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1981
    Genre: Rock, Funk / Soul, Pop
    Style: Rhythm & Blues

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Fancy a bit of wall noise !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Jennifer Warnes - 'Famous Blue Raincoat'

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - 'Raising Sand'

Tanita Tikaram - 'Ancient Heart'

Barry

I'm Steve.

Crosby, Stills & Nash: 1st
    Original UK record 1st issue.

Its been a long while since I put this on the TT, though this and a lot of their other stuff and Neil's gets played a fair bit on the Ipod at work.

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Jim.

A mixed bag so far tonight, first up was the poptastic Happy Families by Blancmange, then Doko E ( a bootleg) by Can, now have Our Likeness by Phew on.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Tubes - 'What Do You Want From Live'

Vinyl
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread