+ Reply to Thread
Page 1148 of 2951 FirstFirst ... 1486481048109811381146114711481149115011581198124816482148 ... LastLast
Results 11,471 to 11,480 of 29503

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

Very good friend gave me 40 LP's today, sadly he has lost 3/4 of his hearing and can no longer enjoy them and has sold his hifi. All the records mint and a good selection of music.

1st up after cleaning

Little Feat ‎– Feats Don't Fail Me Now
    Label: Warner Bros. Records ‎– K 56030
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1974
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Blues Rock, Southern Rock, Classic Rock

2nd Up (a great pressing this one)

Dire Straits ‎– Making Movies
    Label: Vertigo ‎– 6359 034
    Released: 1980
    Style: Blues Rock, Classic Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Hedvig Mollestad Trio: Black Stabat Mater 2016 Norway LP.

Picked up this on the weekend at a Cardiff boot for £5, I was expecting a modern Jazz sort of thing but it's great OTT overloaded guitar rock, with obvious similarities to another album that's been on my shelf since the '80s (Gawd bless "Funhouse" of Margate )

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Grant.

Carolina Chocolate Drops/vinyl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Some dub & roots on CD

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Carolina Chocolate Drops/vinyl
    and now the rip of the vinyl; son of vinyl quite good so far. I'm getting better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Something different for me. She won the Eurovision in 1964 with "Non ho l'età" ("I'm Not Old Enough") and went on to represent Italy again at the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest with "Si" at Brighton coming second to ABBA and Waterloo. The same song was her biggest hit "Sì" (entitled "Go (Before You Break My Heart)") peaking at No. 8 in the UK.

Gigliola Cinquetti ‎– Go (Before You Break My Heart)
    Label: CBS ‎– 80295, CBS ‎– S 80295, CBS ‎– CBS 80295
    Released: 1974
    Genre: Jazz, Pop
    Style: Europop, Chanson, Easy Listening

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

An interesting album this one which is very well produced. It is basically Neil Sedaka with 10cc as his backing band and engineered by Eric Stewart. It is pretty good IMO, MOR pop ballads very well executed.

Neil Sedaka ‎– The Tra-La Days Are Over
    Label: MGM Records ‎– 2315 248
    Released: 1973
    Genre: Pop
    Style: Ballad

I'm Adrian.

A favourite of all time, recently been given this one.

Fleetwood Mac ‎– Rumours
    Label: Warner Bros. Records ‎– K 56344, Warner Bros. Records ‎– BSK 3010
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress
    Rock Style: Pop Rock

I'm Adrian.

Time fo some ROCK

The Rolling Stones ‎– Rolled Gold - The Very Best Of The Rolling Stones
    Label:
    Decca ‎– ROST 1/2
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Compilation
    Released: Nov 1975
    Style: Classic Rock

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Time fo some ROCK

The Rolling Stones ‎– Rolled Gold - The Very Best Of The Rolling Stones
    Label:
    Decca ‎– ROST 1/2
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Compilation
    Released: Nov 1975
    Style: Classic Rock

Not a bad Rolling Stones collection. A better one is 'High Tides and Green Grass'.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread