+ Reply to Thread
Page 1005 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 55059059559951003100410051006100710151055110515052005 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,050 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

An interesting listen, reminiscent of Gary Numan whom he also worked with. He was hired by British synthpop artist Gary Numan to produce his 1983 album Warriors, with Numan claiming that Bill Nelson was his "favourite guitar player, bar none."

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Picked this one up today in NM- condition

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Mike.

Tony Joe White - Tony Joe White (LP)
    https://www.discogs.com/Tony-Joe-Whi...lease/12383972

I'm Mike.

Hawkwind - Levitation (RSD 2018 3 x LP Blue Vinyl version)
    https://www.discogs.com/Hawkwind-Lev...lease/11896187

I'm Mike.

Arena - The Visitor (20th Anniversary LTD ED LP)
    https://www.discogs.com/Arena-The-Vi...lease/11718104

I'm Adrian.

The definitive Heavy Metal album, Metallica - Metallica

I'm Gary.

Holy shit, where did these guys come from?
    Instant fan, making my way through their first album..CRIKEY.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    An interesting listen, reminiscent of Gary Numan whom he also worked with. He was hired by British synthpop artist Gary Numan to produce his 1983 album Warriors, with Numan claiming that Bill Nelson was his "favourite guitar player, bar none."

I have a considerable amount of Bill Nelson vinyl here and I would hazard a guess that I have most of his output (vast) digitally. His instrumental pieces are simply stunning and Numan is correct about his guitar work.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Holy shit, where did these guys come from?
    Instant fan, making my way through their first album..CRIKEY.
    Yeah. Like that. The singer sounds like early Robert Plant!

I'm Tony.

Depression, baby - Daydreamin

https://soundcloud.com/depreshbby/daydreamin

My son Nathan and his fellow bandmembers , Dan, Dan, Tom & Nima. All in-demand session musicians in London, this is their own pet project. I’ve been listening to their setlist develop over the Summer, it’s very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread