+ Reply to Thread
Page 2984 of 2984 FirstFirst ... 19842484288429342974298229832984
Results 29,831 to 29,832 of 29832

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Now something a bit more obscure, in fact it's not on Discogs:

Tarek Abdullah and Adel Shams El-Din - 'Wasala, Suites Musicales Egyptiennes'

Wasla is the name of a particular expression of the musical suite developed by different Arab traditions such as the nuba in North Africa and fasl in Syria. Wasla is a creation developed by Tarek Abdallah proposing to revive the golden age of this musical tradition through a personal approach to the Egyptian musical suite in terms of composition, interpretation and improvisation. Tarek is accompanied by the Egyptian percussionist Adel Shams el Din on the classical Arab tambourine known as riqq.

Born in Alexandria in 1975, Tarek Abdallah is a composer and interpretor who draws his inspiration from the golden age of Egyptian art of solo oud (1910-1930) – which is also the main focus of his musicology research work at the University of Lyon. He devotes much of his time to broadcasting knowledge of the Arab lute through courses, masterclasses and workshops, as well as numerous musical creations with various artists. Adel Shams el-Din has been acknowledged as one of the best riqq players of the moment, mastering the most complex Arab rhythms. A founding member of the Ensemble Al-Kindi, he has also played alongside such musicians as Loutfi Bouchnak, Hussein Al Azemy, Saïd Chraïbi, Zakir Hussein, Renauld Garcia Fons, Magali Imbert, Jean-Luc Fillon etc.

CD 2014 Made in France SACEM Ref, 4704634
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    All the more reason to post. It's by looking at "Spinning Today", that we learn what other Members are enjoying, and perhaps get introduced to something new.

Label: Columbia – COL 478623-2, Columbia – COL 478623 2
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: June 20, 1995
    Genre: Electronic
    Style: Ambient, Downtempo, Tribal, Experimental
    Absolutely. "Spinning today..." has done more to introduce me to unfamiliar music than anything in recent years, and long may it continue to Though at the moment it's bringing more music to my attention than my pocket can cope with
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread