+ Reply to Thread
Page 1269 of 1280 FirstFirst ... 269769116912191259126712681269127012711279 ... LastLast
Results 12,681 to 12,690 of 12797

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Greatest Show On Earth: Horizons.

'70 Harvest SHVL 769.

Same Record Shop but from the "Cheapo" Bin 6 months later..

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Adrian.

Rather lucky today picked up 11 mint records for an average of £2 each in local charity shops in the town, 7 for me a 4 for my best friend.

So listened to this earlier did not realise it was so old.

Pet Shop Boys ‎– Please
    Label: Parlophone ‎– PCS 7303, Parlophone ‎– 24 0520 1, Parlophone ‎– PSB1
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, EMI Pressing
    Released: 24 Mar 1986
    Genre: Electronic, Pop
    Style: Synth-pop

Joe Jackson ‎– I'm The Man
    Label: A&M Records ‎– AMLH 64794
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: 1979
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: New Wave, Power Pop

[FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Voyd the Voyd (slighty modded)JELCO TK850M(10"), Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am approaching my audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone

I'm Steve.

I like joe Jackson, have a few of his. You must have a better class of charity shop down your way, all the records I come across look like they were found in a skip
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Adrian.

Another charity shop find, as ever an impeccably produced Chicago album and well written songs.

Chicago (2) ‎– Chicago 17
    Label: Warner Bros. Records ‎– 925 060-1, Full Moon ‎– 925 060-1
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1984
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: Pop Rock, Ballad

[FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Voyd the Voyd (slighty modded)JELCO TK850M(10"), Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am approaching my audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone

I'm Adrian.

Not sure about this UB40 album, some tracks very good, but on a couple they seem or feel lack-lustre, maybe they were struggling to capture their essence, in fact at times it feels over produced and missing their rawness, possibly a bit to commercial.

UB40 ‎– UB40
    Label: DEP International ‎– LP DEP 13
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1988
    Genre: Electronic, Reggae
    Style: Reggae, Synth-pop

[FONT="Arial"]

I'm Adrian.

Another HiFi News recommended

It is weirdly relaxing and rather nice,

Manu Delago - Circadian

[FONT="Arial"]

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Steve.

I sometimes wonder about the mind that created that Iconic Cover. RIP Mr. Godber
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    I sometimes wonder about the mind that created that Iconic Cover. RIP Mr. Godber
    Today is the 50th anniversary of the album's release.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Great choice, great album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [FONT="Arial"]

+ Reply to Thread