+ Reply to Thread
Page 1187 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 1876871087113711771185118611871188118911971237128716872187 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,870 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Joe Bonamassa - 'Ballad of John Henry'

and

Joe Bonanassa - 'Sloe Gin'

Barry

Rory Gallagher - 'Edged in Blue'

Barry

Groundhogs - 'Thank Christ for the Bomb'

and

The Groundhogs - 'Split'

Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Curtis Mayfield - Curtis (1970)

Fancied a bit of funky soul - well, specifically "Move on Up - Extended Version".

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen (1985)

And this afternoon I have mostly been playing excellent 80's albums, including this stonker which just never ages.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Thomas Dolby - Aliens ate my Buick (1988)

Still dragging my arse through the 80's - I never knew this album until being introduced to it from this very forum many years ago, and it has become a favourite, if not played very often. Great production and amusing. 10 House Points if you know the connection between this album and the one above.
    Alex

I'm Jim.

Viva by La Düsseldorf just finished, now playing Alien Soundtracks by Chrome.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thomas Dolby - Aliens ate my Buick (1988)

Still dragging my arse through the 80's - I never knew this album until being introduced to it from this very forum many years ago, and it has become a favourite, if not played very often. Great production and amusing. 10 House Points if you know the connection between this album and the one above.
    Dolby produced Steve McQueen album.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Dolby produced Steve McQueen album.
    10 House Points and an extra 20 because someone actually read my post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    10 House Points and an extra 20 because someone actually read my post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    both are great albums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread