+ Reply to Thread
Page 1523 of 2944 FirstFirst ... 52310231423147315131521152215231524152515331573162320232523 ... LastLast
Results 15,221 to 15,230 of 29440

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Wire: Chairs Missing. CD

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Dominick.

I'm Grant.

RyG..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Superb album from the one and only Burning Spear.

I have the US and UK first presses.

UK 1st press is a joy! - more weight/body to the presentation than the US press, particularly in the bottom end

Burning Spear ‎– Dry & Heavy
    Label: Island Records ‎– MLPS 9431
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1977
    Genre: Reggae
    Style: Roots Reggae

Tracklist
    A1 Any River
    A2 The Sun
    A3 It's A Long Way Around
    A4 I W.I.N.
    A5 Throw Down Your Arms

B1 Dry And Heavy
    B2 Wailing
    B3 Black Disciples
    B4 Shout It Out
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    So this is the third time I have listened to this album and I must say I am beginning to realise that it is a bit of classic and is extremely good, great songs and feeling.

PJ takes a bit of getting used to. I have several of her albums and they are all different, but interesting.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

'Wakka/Jawaka' is one of my favourite Zappa albums. Good choice.
    Barry

I'm Dominick.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

Love that 70's Neil Young period.. On the Beach, Zuma, Rust & Live Rust must get some out later..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Adrian.

So having recently discovered PJ Harvey with "Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea" a friend recommended " Let England Shake" album produced some 11 years later, it still has a similar feel but the songs on this one seem more heart felt, one or two are quite quirky but still very good. After and initial listen I think this could become a favourite. Strange I did not discover her sooner, I was aware of her but never really had a good listen to her. well worth making the effort IMO.

PJ Harvey ‎– Let England Shake
    Label: Island Records ‎– 2758997
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 14 Feb 2011
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread