+ Reply to Thread
Page 2502 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 1502200224022452249225002501250225032504251225522602 ... LastLast
Results 25,011 to 25,020 of 29494

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Stone Roses, Second Coming.

This one had completely passed me by. Probably because it was 1994, and I was heavily into EDM at the time. So I've finally got it, and at £2.70 inc. postage, is about a fifth of what it would have cost back then.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

This one had completely passed me by. Probably because it was 1994, and I was heavily into EDM at the time. So I've finally got it, and at £2.70 inc. postage, is about a fifth of what it would have cost back then.
    EDM? Is that Existential Drug Mode?
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Been missing having a copy of this for a while, it is a favourite of mine of all Alice's albums since when I first heard it '72, one of his more out there albums, if there is such a thing. Took a chance as some reported varied pressing quality, but this copy is superb. An exceptionally good re-release of a classic.

Alice Cooper – School's Out
    Label: Friday Music – FRM 9113
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Remastered, 180 Gram, Gatefold
    Released: 2009 (original 1972)
    Genre: Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Been missing having a copy of this for a while, it is a favourite of mine of all Alice's albums since when I first heard it '72, one of his more out there albums, if there is such a thing. Took a chance as some reported varied pressing quality, but this copy is superb. An exceptionally good re-release of a classic.

Alice Cooper – School's Out
    Label: Friday Music – FRM 9113
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Remastered, 180 Gram, Gatefold
    Released: 2009 (original 1972)
    Genre: Rock

One of the very first albums I ever bought. Complete with paper knickers, which I believe they stopped doing as they were considered a fire hazard. Because in those days when listening to School's Out you had to set fire to the knickers.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    EDM? Is that Existential Drug Mode?
    Actually Electronic Dance Music, though your interpretation is just as accurate! Those were the days.

T'other system:

A/V:

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

GREAT ALBUM - THAT ONE DIDNT PASS ME BY !!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

Had the wick turned up to 11, then two minutes in Anita returned to spoil my fun. Oh well, another time...

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Rocky road to the weekend

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    What better way to close the evening, with what must surely be, one of the all-time great live albums by the incomparable Eva Cassidy. Recorded in January 1996 just 10 months before her sad death at just 33. There are few artists capable of pulling off versions of songs from such a diverse range of writers but Miss Cassidy does it with such consumate ease !

"Cheek to Cheek" (Irving Berlin) – 4:03

"Stormy Monday" (T-Bone Walker) – 5:49

"Bridge over Troubled Water" (Paul Simon) – 5:33

"Fine and Mellow" (Billie Holiday) – 4:03

"People Get Ready" (Curtis Mayfield) – 3:36

"Blue Skies" (Irving Berlin) – 2:37

"Tall Trees in Georgia" (Buffy St. Marie) – 4:05

"Fields of Gold" (Sting) – 4:57

"Autumn Leaves" (Joseph Kosma,*Johnny Mercer,*Jacques Prιvert) – 4:57

"Honeysuckle Rose" (Andy Razaf,*Thomas "Fats" Waller) – 3:14

"Take Me to the River" (Al Green,*Mabon "Teenie" Hodges) – 3:51

"What a Wonderful World" (Bob Thiele,*George David Weiss) – 5:50

"Oh, Had I a Golden Thread" (Pete Seeger) – 4:46 (Studio Session)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    That was a good evening's listening. Wel done.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Rocky road to the weekend

Good one.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread