+ Reply to Thread
Page 2936 of 2959 FirstFirst ... 19362436283628862926293429352936293729382946 ... LastLast
Results 29,351 to 29,360 of 29589

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't know of that one - is it a new solo album by Mark Knopfler?
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't know of that one - is it a new solo album by Mark Knopfler?
    No, it's about 15 years old now. I got it cheap at a car boot a few years ago, played part of it, wasn't keen, then forgot about it. Until today. Much like I did with the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss CD.

I'm really liking it, enough to make me want to try more of his solo work. This particular copy comes with a bonus CD - I'm just coming to the end of CD1, and will be following it with the 'bonus' disc (which usually aren't worth the extra outlay, but this does include a couple of live tracks so we'll see).

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

BOB VYLAN - HUMBLE AS THE SUN. Released yesterday, arrived on my doorstep today; been looking forward to this one to see if he keeps up his angry stance against the many prejudices he feels strongly about. The answer is YES and he's kept the same formula as the previous album (heavy guitars crossed with powerful lyrics). WELL GOOD!!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    What do you think of it. I was disappointed, finding many of the covers pedestrian.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Melanie ‎– Madrugada
    Label:Neighborhood Records (2) ‎– NRS 48001
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Monarch Press, Gatefold
    Released: 1974

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What do you think of it. I was disappointed, finding many of the covers pedestrian.
    I like probably about a third of it. The bass power in parts is really something, with the wick turned up I can feel the sofa moving under me (I do like a bit of bass) But the novelty wears off, and then you are left with what is largely, as you describe, rather pedestrian. I can just about sit through CD1, but the second disc I find almost unlistenable.

And the awful cardboard sleeve is neither one size nor t'other

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Adrian.

Tomita ‎– Pictures At An Exhibition
    Label: RCA Red Seal ‎– ARL1-0838, RCA Red Seal ‎– ARL1 0838
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: 1975

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread