+ Reply to Thread
Page 1299 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 2997991199124912891297129812991300130113091349139917992299 ... LastLast
Results 12,981 to 12,990 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

I used to have this on cassette and it would be regularly on in the car.

So the anarchic band the Pink Fairies that probably influenced several Punk bands in the late 70's along with New York Dolls, you only have to listen to Walk Don't Run to hear the thrashing harsh guitar riffs. One of their drummers went onto form Motorhead with Lemmy, they also were from Ladbroke Grove as were Hawkwind and were friends and running partners and performing as Pinkwind.

Pink Fairies* ‎– What A Bunch Of Sweeties
    Label: Polydor ‎– 2383 132
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1972
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Prog Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Acid Rock, Rock & Roll

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Carly.. my daughters dogs name too..lol

In pic her left hand looks like its just got something nasty on it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

I just had to listen to this again whilst Sue was on her way home from Hampshire, sat in the lounge with a nice glass of Shiraz. This is one of the nicest albums I have purchased in many years, how it passed me by in the 70's I just do not know. I think it may be a classic in its own right, one of those bands that should have probably been massive but just didn't quite get there, that being said they have a big catalogue.

I remember hearing it possibly once at 6th form college in Basingstoke in the common room, but that's it. IMO even if you do not like prog rock it is one of those records that can just be enjoyed. Parts of it are very relaxing and other parts are edging towards a Hendrix feel, the blend of guitar with flute give it and ethereal atmosphere in places, and the use of hand drums a lot works really well. Well worth a listen I think, for me it is a must have and I will probably explore their other early albums.

Jade Warrior ‎– Jade Warrior
    Style: Prog Rock, Psychedelic Rock
    Year: 1971

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Recently got this lovely record, had it many years ago and is great to relax to, if you have not explored any of the Coda Records Landscape series it is worth we’ll doing so.

John Themis ‎– Atmospheric Conditions
    Label: Coda Records (3) ‎– NAGE 1
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1985
    Genre: Electronic, Rock
    Style: Acoustic, Ambient

I'm Grant.

A nice bit of PP Arnold now. Really is a good album. Life after 70 is still possible. Still a looker too.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Spinning earlier, this classic

Captain Beefheart And The Magic Band ‎– Unconditionally Guaranteed
    Label: Virgin ‎– V 2015
    Released: Mar 1974
    Genre: Rock, Blues
    Style: Alternative Rock, Blues Rock, Soft Rock

and then this great album

Curved Air ‎– Second Album
    Label: Warner Bros. Records ‎– K 46092
    Released: 1971
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: Prog Rock, Classic Rock

I'm Adrian.

10cc ‎– 10cc
    Label: UK Records ‎– UKAL 1005
    Released: 1973
    Style: Art Rock

I'm Grant.

Prine Live.

A superb album from JP. many of his classics and a good crowd, i think in his hometown Chicago
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Spun earlier, a good album from a much overlooked band, often referred to as poor man's Moody Blues, I think some of there output was better than the Moody's.

Barclay James Harvest ‎– Octoberon
    Label: Polydor ‎– 2442 144
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Embossed cover
    Released: 01 Oct 1976
    Style: Soft Rock, Classic Rock, Prog Rock

I'm Grant.

Physical Graffiti..Zeppelin..

Second disc . Both good but 2 is best i think
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread