+ Reply to Thread
Page 2212 of 2970 FirstFirst ... 12121712211221622202221022112212221322142222226223122712 ... LastLast
Results 22,111 to 22,120 of 29694

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Cirque Du Soleil - 'Koozå'

Barry

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Vinnie Colaiuta
    CD

Just arrived, today. Very surprised I waited this long. This one is stuffed full of some very fine, well-known players, all known to me. My expectations are very high.

Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Dominick.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Amy Winehouse - 'Lioness: Hidden Treasures'

When I first bought this I didn't notice it was 45rpm until I first played it on my 33 and a third-only LP12. And even then not straight away, I thought she was maybe duetting with Barry White It was another 12 months before I got to play it.

Anyway, I like this album a lot, and I haven't played it for a while, so on it goes...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    My favourite Beatles album, so I'll follow Amy Winehouse with this.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

My plans for the above two were derailed, by this

and now this

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My favourite Beatles album, so I'll follow Amy Winehouse with this.
    It's a bit like asking what is your favourite Pink Floyd album - everyone has a different choice. Regarding the Beatles, well I could choose 'Beatles for Sale', as it was the very first LP I bought; so has sentimental value, but musically I think I would choose either 'Rubber Soul' or 'Revolver'.

45rpm LP recordings are a pain in the arse, despite their technical advantages. Fortunately I think I have only two in my collection, both made by Reference Recordings.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICKEY-HA...p2047675.l2557

and

Barry

and

Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's a bit like asking what is your favourite Pink Floyd album - everyone has a different choice. Regarding the Beatles, well I could choose 'Beatles for Sale', as it was the very first LP I bought; so has sentimental value, but musically I think I would choose either 'Rubber Soul' or 'Revolver'.

45rpm LP recordings are a pain in the arse, despite their technical advantages. Fortunately I think I have only two in my collection, both made by Reference Recordings.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICKEY-HA...p2047675.l2557

and

Couldn't agree more. I have only three 45rpm albums myself, the latest being Vanessa Fernandez' "When The Levee Breaks". Twelve tracks, divided into two songs per side, making 3 discs. the surface of the discs is 50% no-man's-land. They could easily have fitted 3 songs per side and made it a double album, but no doubt they wanted to increase it's perceived value. Which is considerable, with copies selling for thick end of a hundred quid. Liberties!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Was this

Now this

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread