+ Reply to Thread
Page 2276 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 12761776217622262266227422752276227722782286232623762776 ... LastLast
Results 22,751 to 22,760 of 29494

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    World Machine is my favourite. I bet they're great live. Back in the early 80's, before they were big, Radio 1 used to do a simulcast with BBC 2 of live performances, and Level 42 were one of them. I played that tape to death. I wonder if that series of performances ever made it to physical formats? Probably not, which is a shame.
    I've found out that their were live recordings done but not ones that you are referring to. It was in 2005 – The River Sessions (Recorded live at the Locarno Ballroom, Glasgow, 18/09/83 by Radio Clyde).

Also, 2013 – Live from Metropolis Studio (Recorded live in West London's Metropolis Studio 10/12/11)

As for live, yes they were really good when I saw them in the 80's; what they're like now, I don't know - I'll let you know after I've seen them. If you want to see them, there are tickets still available for upcoming gigs around the UK.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post
    I've found out that their were live recordings done but not ones that you are referring to. It was in 2005 – The River Sessions (Recorded live at the Locarno Ballroom, Glasgow, 18/09/83 by Radio Clyde).

Also, 2013 – Live from Metropolis Studio (Recorded live in West London's Metropolis Studio 10/12/11)

As for live, yes they were really good when I saw them in the 80's; what they're like now, I don't know - I'll let you know after I've seen them. If you want to see them, there are tickets still available for upcoming gigs around the UK.
    The date for the Glasgow gig is about right, so probably the same tour. IIRC the set was similar to what I have on this:

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Disgraceful

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    Giving this one another run out...
    Good one!
    Barry

Recently bought, forgetting I already had a copy This is happening a lot.

I'm always doing that! Usually take the surplus copy to a charity shop, or give it to a friend who I think might like it.

Not a bad CD by the way.
    Barry

Disgraceful

Hmmm! - never seen one with a zip!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hmmm! - never seen one with a zip!
    No, that could be painful...

The inner sleeve isn't much better:

I'd rather see Sarah on the cover:

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Last one today

T'other system:

A/V:

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

KILLER ALBUM FROM THE 70's - RIOT - ROCK CITY.

ALSO CHECK OUT "NARITA" AND "FIRE DOWN UNDER" BUT, FOR ME, ROCK CITY IS MY FAV!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

+ Reply to Thread