+ Reply to Thread
Page 1719 of 2946 FirstFirst ... 71912191619166917091717171817191720172117291769181922192719 ... LastLast
Results 17,181 to 17,190 of 29456

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

One of The Mars Volta's most challenging listens IMO. It has taken me at least 3 listens to get to grips with some of the songs, there are a lot of complex rhythms and multl-layers going on often at breakneck speed. Each time I listen the more detail I hear

The Mars Volta ‎– The Bedlam In Goliath
    Label: Universal Records ‎– B0010616-01
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Red/Black Half And Half Vinyl, 7", Shape, Limited Edition, Picture Disc
    Released: 10 Jun 2008
    Genre: Jazz, Rock, Latin, Funk / Soul
    Style: Jazz-Rock, Psychedelic, Prog Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dominick.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    One of The Mars Volta's most challenging listens IMO. It has taken me at least 3 listens to get to grips with some of the songs, there are a lot of complex rhythms and multl-layers going on often at breakneck speed. Each time I listen the more detail I hear

The Mars Volta ‎– The Bedlam In Goliath
    Label: Universal Records ‎– B0010616-01
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Red/Black Half And Half Vinyl, 7", Shape, Limited Edition, Picture Disc
    Released: 10 Jun 2008
    Genre: Jazz, Rock, Latin, Funk / Soul
    Style: Jazz-Rock, Psychedelic, Prog Rock

Interesting, I'll look this one up for a listen...

I'm Dominick.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

Good selection, BOCs 1st is on my list to get.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Steve.

Started the day with some "M"s - George Michael "Older" (my go-to album for evaluating equipment changes), Roisin Murphy "Overpowered" and Marcus Miller "Tales" (which is ok but I find myself zoning out after a few minutes).

Trying stuff out to assess an amp I bought yesterday, but I don't know why I'm bothering - Mrs. P has had me put the speakers against the wall to make room for a Christmas bloody tree, so nothing is as it should be. And it'll stay like that for the next 3/4 weeks Bah humbug...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Started the day with some "M"s - George Michael "Older" (my go-to album for evaluating equipment changes), Roisin Murphy "Overpowered" and Marcus Miller "Tales" (which is ok but I find myself zoning out after a few minutes).

Trying stuff out to assess an amp I bought yesterday, but I don't know why I'm bothering - Mrs. P has had me put the speakers against the wall to make room for a Christmas bloody tree, so nothing is as it should be. And it'll stay like that for the next 3/4 weeks Bah humbug...
    Another AMP?What are you up to now Steve?

I'm Adrian.

Classic HM from one of the best bands of all time, I never got into them at the time, but am appreciating them now!

Iron Maiden ‎– The Number Of The Beast
    Label: Parlophone ‎– 2564625240
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, 180g

I'm Adrian.

I know not everyone likes Macca, but this one is well worth a listen if you have not heard it, superb production, great mix and a very dynamic recording, this vinyl version is excellent.

Paul McCartney ‎– Press To Play
    Label: MPL ‎– PCSD 103, Parlophone ‎– PCSD 103
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 22 Aug 1986

I'm Adrian.

I just had to listen to this live rock album again, this has to be one of the best recorded that is out there, it certainly is on par with Deep Purple - Made in Japan, I am so pleased I got it after it was recommended to me.

Wishbone Ash ‎– Live Dates Volume Two
    Label: MCA Records ‎– MCG 4012, MCA Records ‎– MAPS 9780
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Gatefold
    Released: 1980

I'm Mark.

Wishbone Ash - now that takes me back!!! Saw them live at Southport Floral Hall (As it was then called) back in the early 80's my student years, I also saw Iron Maiden at Lancaster University with Trust as support before Bruce Dickinson was lead singer, them were the days !

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

+ Reply to Thread