+ Reply to Thread
Page 2950 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 19502450285029002940294829492950
Results 29,491 to 29,499 of 29499

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Brady.

Have to be in the mood for this, and not if you're having a sensitive ears day..

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I'm Adrian.

Lady Antebellum – Need You Now
    Label: Capitol Records – 509996 33641 2 5
    Format: CD, Album

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm haiduk.

death/thrash/black

I'm Dominick.

I'm Mark.

Morning all, well I thought I would start with a couple of discs from the The Discovery Box Set by Pink Floyd, namely Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here.

Originally released in 2011 as the Why Pink Floyd ? Discovery Edition with remastered versions of all the studio albums up to 2011 e.g. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn to 1967 The Division Bell 1994, 14 albums in all. This box set has some mixed comments mainly around the box set added bits, i.e packaging, notes etc., personally I would say overall the package is very good there is a 60 page booklet of art work from the period commissioned by Pink Floyd some of which is previously unpublished. The purists might decry that the individual gate fold cardboard sleeve albums are not all a faithful reproduction of the original LP artwork and that the antistatic sleeves for the CD's are unnecessary and fiddly! However, for me the packaging overall is very good and more importantly the "Remastered" versions are excellent, although admittedly I don't have all the albums on vinyl or previous cd releases* to compare, however, those I do have, I can say these versions are certainly better with a greater sense of attack and decay in cymbals and tom tom's, overall midrange detail is better, instrument separation/ soundstage is wider and deeper along with better bass articulation and depth. There's also a almost complete absence of any tape noise too and no apparent lack of top end air or "sparkle" and there's certainly no feeling of compressed dynamics especially given the limitations of the original recordings for many of the albums.

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (August 1967)

A Saucerful of Secrets (June 1968)

More (June 1969)

Ummagumma (October 1969)

Atom Heart Mother (October 1970)

Meddle (gate fold) (October 1971)

Obscured by Clouds (June 1972)

The Dark Side of the Moon (March 1973)

Wish You Were Here (September 1975)

Animals (January 1977)

The Wall (November 1979)

The Final Cut (March 1983)

A Momentary Lapse of Reason (September 1987)

The Division Bell (March 1994)

* I have the shine on CD box set and early 80's cd releases of Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall (Japan pressing) and on vinyl I have Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall and A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rush2112; Today at 07:14.
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

As usual I finish the morning session with vinyl and the OMR version of Dream of the Blue Turtles from 1995. His first solo album, reaching number three on the UK album charts and number two on the US Billboard 200.

Track Listing:

A1. If You Love Somebody Set Them Free 4:14

A2. Love Is The Seventh Wave 3:30 Trombone – Frank Opolko

A3. Russians 3:57

A4. Children's Crusade 5:00

A5. Shadows In The Rain 4:56

B1. We Work The Black Seam 5:40

B2. Consider Me Gone 4:21 Congas – Eddy Grant

B3. The Dream Of The Blue Turtles 1:15

B4. Moon Over Bourbon Street 3:59

B5. Fortress Around Your Heart 4:48

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Dominick.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    Nice one Dom
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agreed.

(It must have been difficult for the photographer not get himself included in the shot when photographing in a mirror room. )
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread