+ Reply to Thread
Page 2968 of 2968 FirstFirst ... 19682468286829182958296629672968
Results 29,671 to 29,679 of 29679

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Peter.

Bought this today, I'm not a big listener to jazz but this is quite intriguing. Not brash but listenable.
    Really good use of the stereo soundstage. Not something you often hear with modern recordings where everything seems to come from the middle.

DSCF2559.jpg
    1984 was a warning - Not an instruction manual

I like (things) in brackets

I'm Mark.

If I'm not mistaken this is a repackaged CD of the 1962 album of the same title. Which might explain the great "stereo' sound as almost certainly the muscians were all playing at the same time in the same space a novel concept which regrettably fell by the wayside ! Of course these two are legendary in thier own right, Paul Desmond as a member of the Dave Brubeck Quartet, who's biggest hit, "Take Five', still crops up in films and TV 65 years later. Gerry Mulligan came to prominence as a member of the Stan Kenton orchestra and became a significant arranger for Kenton, Miles Davis and Claude Thornhill amongst many others.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rush2112; Today at 06:20.
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

I start the day with an artist that regrettably, I have far to little of, just two compilations and one studio album. Her career spans over 50 years, with some 20 studio, 4 live and 13 compilation albums to her name along with 57 singles.

Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Next we turn to a artist who will be inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame this year and not before time ! From his 1965 debut you in the Herd at the age of just 16, to the forming of Humble Pie with Steve Marriott and of course that iconic solo career with that certain 1976 live album that was to spend 10 weeks at number one and a total of 97 weeks on the Billboard chart.

I'm Mark.

Lastly vinyl and this original pressing from 1984 of his debut album. With a career spanning five decades as a singer, songwritter, muscian and producer we will hopefully remember him for all of his talents and hot just as the writter of that evergreen one hit wonder by Chesney Hawkes "The One and Only" !

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Superb guitarist and a great album. Sadly lost too early at only 35 years of age in a helicopter crash.

I'm Dominick.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is that the US release, or the reissue Dom?
    As far as I can tell, looking at the variants on Discogs, it's the original 75 UK release. I do have another copy, the cover with his face on it, but it has a couple of crackles & pops on it.

I'm Dominick.

I'm sorted.

+ Reply to Thread