+ Reply to Thread
Page 1571 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 57110711471152115611569157015711572157315811621167120712571 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,710 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Andy.

Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Steve.

Goldfrapp 'Tales of Us'
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andy.

Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Network Player.
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    HeadPhones.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete812 View Post
    Midnight Oil - Diesel And Dust
    Great album, I must listen to my copy.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Andy.

This is sounding so fresh - such a talent.

Main system:
    Analogue.
    Network Player.
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    HeadPhones.

I'm Adrian.

A new album to me this one, which has had some very good reviews. My initial impression after one listen is that musically it is very good, I like his previous "Love and Hate" album very much as well. One thing I would say is the mixing production seems to be a little bass emphasised, I wondered if this was due to mixing being done to fit more into the digital arena, but on several tracks it is quite evident that there is plenty of dynamic range and it is not entering into the wall of sound syndrome. Has anyone else any views on this album on vinyl. I think I will have a listen on Qobuz to it to see if it sounds the same.

Michael Kiwanuka ‎– Kiwanuka
    Label: Polydor ‎– 7795277, Polydor ‎– 00602577952777, Polydor ‎– 7795278, Polydor ‎– 7795279
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, 180g
    Released: 01 Nov 2019
    Genre: Electronic, Jazz, Rock, Funk / Soul
    Style: Soul, Rhythm & Blues, Downtempo, Neo Soul, Psychedelic Rock, Soul-Jazz

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Andy.

I steered away from the vinyl version as everyone I know who purchased this was disappointed with the quality.
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Network Player.
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    HeadPhones.

I'm Andy.

Main system:
    Analogue.
    Network Player.
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    HeadPhones.

I'm Andy.

Main system:
    Analogue.
    Network Player.
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    HeadPhones.

I'm Adrian.

Update to below, so I have had a listen on Qobuz at hi-res to several tracks through RPI/HifiBerry HAT to Caiman Seg DAC, and actually it sounds subtly better on vinyl, the bass is there on both, I think it is purely down to the mixing. It actually sounds better on the second listen to the vinyl, there is actually some seriously low bass on some of the tracks, the low-level you feel.

It is a very good album.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    A new album to me this one, which has had some very good reviews. My initial impression after one listen is that musically it is very good, I like his previous "Love and Hate" album very much as well. One thing I would say is the mixing production seems to be a little bass emphasised, I wondered if this was due to mixing being done to fit more into the digital arena, but on several tracks it is quite evident that there is plenty of dynamic range and it is not entering into the wall of sound syndrome. Has anyone else any views on this album on vinyl. I think I will have a listen on Qobuz to it to see if it sounds the same.

Michael Kiwanuka ‎– Kiwanuka
    Label: Polydor ‎– 7795277, Polydor ‎– 00602577952777, Polydor ‎– 7795278, Polydor ‎– 7795279
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, 180g
    Released: 01 Nov 2019
    Genre: Electronic, Jazz, Rock, Funk / Soul
    Style: Soul, Rhythm & Blues, Downtempo, Neo Soul, Psychedelic Rock, Soul-Jazz

+ Reply to Thread