+ Reply to Thread
Page 1386 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 3868861286133613761384138513861387138813961436148618862386 ... LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,860 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Mike.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin the black circle View Post

A Perfect Circle-Eat the elephant
    Ooh that's a great one!!
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Phil jazz/rock

Brand X (3) ‎– Unorthodox Behaviour
    Label: Charisma ‎– CAS 1117
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: 1976
    Genre: Jazz, Rock
    Style: Jazz-Rock, Fusion

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Spinning earlier

Roxy Music ‎– Country Life
    Label: Island Records ‎– ILPS 9303
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1974
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Art Rock, Avantgarde, Glam

I'm Adrian.

Spinning right now, and it's just oh so cool, never heard this one before and I just love it. Steve Miller is the epitome of understatement IMO.

The Steve Miller Band* ‎– Circle Of Love
    Label: Mercury ‎– 6302 061
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1981
    Style: Pop Rock, Classic Rock

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Well that is not quite how I remember it, the record shops I frequented in Southampton, Alton, Farnham and Guildford from 69 onwards all had a section labelled either progressive, progressive rock or prog. rock(whether that was recognised or not back then), I was generalising when used the Prog. Rock term, And as I said earlier all sorts of bands were lumped into the “Progressive” label/bucket, I just picked out the better known ones.

Out of interest how old were you in 1970?
    I was not very old but Prog has been my life long obsession from being a teenager. Back then in the day sections will be headed as 'Progressive' cos that is simply what it was known as. You are ofc right about different styles of music being lumped into one, for instance such acts as FOREST & TREES were on Harvest, they were basically Folk bands. as were TUDOR LODGE etc on Vertigo.. Bands such as NUCLEUS, BEN, KEITH TIPPET GROUP on Vertigo, MIKE WESTBROOK, CENTIPEDE on RCA Neon were JAZZ but they were all under the same 'Progressive' banner..

I'm Andre.

Spontaneous Combustion Debut album.. Margetts brothers with Tony Brock.. Greg Lake of ELP fame Produced this album for them, you can hear Greg's touches as you listen..

I'm Andre.

Echo & the Bunnymen - Ocean Rain Live 2008.

The Original 1984 'Ocean Rain' studio album was a true classic of the era..

I'm Adrian.

Listening on my old Trio KH-32 headphones which for 40 years old sound amazingly good. Another I picked up last week for £2.50 and NM. Ripping a few to FLAC.

Marianne Faithfull ‎– Broken English
    Media: LP
    Style: Art Rock, Classic Rock
    Year: 1979

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Listening on my old Trio KH-32 headphones which for 40 years old sound amazingly good.
    Aye. I use these on my vintage system. Ive replaced the rather flat original Ear pads with new thicker velour jobbies.

+ Reply to Thread