+ Reply to Thread
Page 2283 of 2920 FirstFirst ... 12831783218322332273228122822283228422852293233323832783 ... LastLast
Results 22,821 to 22,830 of 29196

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I haven't been to a record fair for years. The last one was in Chelmsford, probably about 25 years ago. I think I picked up one or two LPs, in good nick and for a reasonable price.

I think one of the record emporiums here hold a monthly Record Day bash, but they usually promote LP titles specially chosen for the occasion, and are attended by 'vinyl groupies' - I can't be bothered: vinyl is not that important to me.

But if you haven't been to one, you might find them interesting - and you might find something you have been after for a good while. I would imagine that record fairs now also sell CDs.

Good luck.
    I find charity shops now are becoming more businesslike and are starting to become dear (especially The British Heart Foundation shops and their eBay store) also, record fairs are really quite pricey and personally, I don't bother with record fairs anymore. I agree, you probably have more chance of finding the album of your choice but, you'll find you pay the dealer kind of price. I think boot sales are OK and I agree you can usually spot the dealers by the fact they don't sell anything else (except CD's and other music related stuff).

eBays prices have become stupid (probably due to the greedy fees they have imposed on sellers who then have to try and cover them). You can get the odd bargain on there though (I've bought a couple of CD's off Music Magpie through eBay and they've been at an excellent price).

(Stating the obvious) If you can find someone on a boot sale just selling their old albums etc., just use your discretion, have a good view of the item you're interested in and if it looks good, start having a barter over price - it'll usually be a lot cheaper than dealers/traders kind of price!!! I guess that's what most people do - patience is the name of the game!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agreed, The British Heart Foundation are expensive, as are some Oxfam shops. Obviously charity shops have to make the best of their donations; the pricing largely depends on the local manager. Some are more 'savvy' than others in using the internet to assess prices, whereas others (such as my local Oxfam) will automatically charge £15 for any Decca SXL, regardless of title or condition.

Farleigh Hospice charity shops have a four CDs for £1 offer, but it is often difficult to find four CD titles you actually want.
    Barry

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

WILD TYPE DROID BY FAILURE - RELEASED 2021 - GOOD ALBUM BY THIS UNIQUE BAND!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

I'm Grant.

The Absence...Gardot..

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dominick.

I'm Loz.

TORCHE - GREAT BAND !!!!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

Two out of three ain't bad.

Sorry, but after Chicago lost the 'Transit Authority' tag they went downhill IMO.

Label: CBS – 66221
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Jazz, Rock, Funk / Soul
    Style: Jazz-Rock, Pop Rock, Funk, Classic Rock
    Last edited by Barry; 17-08-2022 at 22:04.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Sorry, but after Chicago lost the 'Transit Authority' tag they went downhill IMO.

got this on too.. tho this is the 50th anniversary cd version
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dominick.

I know what you mean, but I still like the early 70's stuff, it gets more commercial and poppy up to this one, 75 I think, any later is just toot.

I'm Dominick.

Hmm, picked this up at a charity shop recently, unknown/random purchase based on some of the tracks covered. Non-vocal, (so far, haven't done side 2 yet) would do for a 70's cocktail party....

+ Reply to Thread