+ Reply to Thread
Page 1189 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 1896891089113911791187118811891190119111991239128916892189 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,890 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

God: My Pal. orig UK 12" 45 on Shakin' Street.

Got this in the last 2-3 weeks on eBay for a bargin price. Lurve this to bits. it's identical to the original 7" on Aussie Au-Go-Go but its cut deeper & louder.

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Still pulling 12"s

Talking Heads: Psycho Killer. orig Belgian issue.
    Tina's bass lines are way good.

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Adrian.

If you haven't heard this, then do yourself a favour and get a copy, huge dynamics and a superb recording, and a good concept album, and Slow-Hand plucking the strings.

Roger Waters ‎– The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
    Label: Harvest ‎– SHVL 24 0105 1, Harvest ‎– SHVL 2401051
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1984
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Blues Rock, Classic Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I do have that Adrian, but I only bought it for the cover!

Agnes Obel - Philharmonics (2010)

My 2nd favourite Danish female singer song writer (Tina Dico is still my first love. ) Nice recording.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Adrian.

Art for Art Sake

10cc ‎– How Dare You!
    Label: Mercury ‎– 9102 501
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1975
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: Art Rock, Pop Rock, Prog Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Cohen, The Lost Broadcast.. this was the way Leonard Cohen was initially. Recorded in mono

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Roger Waters ‎– The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking......
    If you haven't heard this, then do yourself a favour and get a copy, huge dynamics and a superb recording, and a good concept album, and Slow-Hand plucking the strings.
    Couldn't agree more Adrian. Had that cd for years and it's great and tells a nice story too..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Only recently discovered Angus & Julia Stone.... my latest from them which I've got playing at the mo:

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Now Passenger - All the Little Lights

Bev

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I do have that Adrian, but I only bought it for the cover!
    Once when passing through Dubai airport, in order to kill some time I wandered into a record store and was amused to see that the covers of the record had been censored with the hitchhiker's bum overprinted with a large black bar.

My copy is free from such petty prudery - but it is little played: not being one of Roger Water's better works.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread