+ Reply to Thread
Page 2953 of 2978 FirstFirst ... 19532453285329032943295129522953295429552963 ... LastLast
Results 29,521 to 29,530 of 29777

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

The Byrds ‎– History Of The Byrds
    Label:CBS ‎– 68242
    Format:2 × Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Reissue, Gatefold, Sunburst CBS Labels
    Released:1973

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

St Germain – Tourist
    Label: Parlophone – 5099963622010
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, 12", Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180gram, Gatefold

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Yes – Yes
    Label: Atlantic – ATL 40 034-Z, Atlantic – ATL 40034
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Gatefold
    Released: 1975 (original 1971)

I'm Adrian.

Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
    Label: Charisma – CGS 101
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1974

I'm Martin.

Having a blues session:

In the late 1980s a pal of mine was working in London. He went into a busy cafe and was sat having lunch when a bloke asked if the seat opposite was taken.

My mate waved him down without looking up, but then realised it was Peter Green.

My mate said 'You're Peter Green. Do you still play?'

Green held out his hand, his fingernails were at least an inch long. 'Obviously not', he replied.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Having a blues session:

In the late 1980s a pal of mine was working in London. He went into a busy cafe and was sat having lunch when a bloke asked if the seat opposite was taken.

My mate waved him down without looking up, but then realised it was Peter Green.

My mate said 'You're Peter Green. Do you still play?'

Green held out his hand, his fingernails were at least an inch long. 'Obviously not', he replied.
    Undoubtedly, one of our finest blues guitarists. B.B. King commented, "He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats." Thankfully, despite suffering with his mental health for most of his life he left us with a legacy of great music with songs, such as "Albatross", "Black Magic Woman", "Oh Well", "The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)" and "Man of the World" , we forget the original name for Fleetwood Mac was in fact Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac. Along with those late 60's albums with McVie and Fleetwood there are a collection of solo and collaboration albums including seven albums with the Peter Green Splinter Group after his return to playing in the late 90's.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

So, starting the day with one of my favourite albums from the great legend that is "Tina" !

This album has a who's who of musicians not least some great guitar from Tony Joe White.

We should all thank Roger Davies for giving us the rebirth of one the greatest female performers of all time !

1 Steamy Windows (2021 Remaster)

2 The Best (2021 Remaster)

3 You Know Who (Is Doing You Know What) [2021 Remaster]

4 Undercover Agent for the Blues (2021 Remaster)

5 Look Me in the Heart (2021 Remaster)

6 Be Tender with Me Baby (2021 Remaster)

7 You Can't Stop Me Loving You (2021 Remaster)

8 Ask Me How I Feel (2021 Remaster)

9 Falling like Rain (2021 Remaster)

10 I Don't Wanna Lose You (2021 Remaster)

11 Not Enough Romance (2021 Remaster)

12 Foreign Affair (2021 Remaster)

Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Now, I don't profess to love this band or to have more than a smattering and cross section of thier huge catalogue * including compilations of thier early 60's and 70's work plus a couple of iconic albums from the 80's right up to this latest album (£6 new from Amazon). I was fortunate enough to see them in the 80's at Roundhay Park, where apparently the whole perimeter fence was repainted as the band didn't like the colour and also they insisted on a Japanese water garden compete with Koi carp being created backstage! However, the huge staging for this event was to set the template for how large scale music gigs would be done accross the world and still are !

However, there's also no denying thier songs can get not just "under your thumb" but under your skin !

Track Listing:

1 Angry
    2 Get Close
    3 Depending On You
    4 Bite My Head Off
    5 Whole Wide World
    6 Dreamy Skies
    7 Mess It Up
    8 Live By the Sword
    9 Driving Me Too Hard
    10 Tell Me Straight
    11 Sweet Sounds of Heaven (Feat. Lady Gaga)
    12 Rolling Stone Blues

31 studio albums, 13 live albums, 28 compilation albums, 3 extended plays, 122 singles, 31 box sets, 51 video albums, 2 video box sets and 77 music videos, plus over 2,000 gigs worldwide ! The band earning around $98milliin dollars in 2021 with around $45million from touring alone !

Last edited by Rush2112; 30-04-2024 at 07:00.

I'm Mark.

So, as always we finish with vinyl and another original release pressing from my vinyl purchasing heydays in the 80's !

There are several incarnations of this great band but undoubtedly the most commercially successful period, chart wise, was the Fish era with eleven top 40 UK singles and four top 10 UK albums including a number 1 album with Misplaced Childhood in 1985.

Side One:

Script For A Jester's Tear 8:42
    He Knows, You Know 5:05
    The Web 9:05

Side Two:

Garden Party 7:12
    Chelsea Monday 8:16
    Forgotten Sons 8:20

I'm Dominick.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Yes – Yes
    Label: Atlantic – ATL 40 034-Z, Atlantic – ATL 40034
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Gatefold
    Released: 1975 (original 1971)

Yes !

+ Reply to Thread