+ Reply to Thread
Page 1720 of 2944 FirstFirst ... 72012201620167017101718171917201721172217301770182022202720 ... LastLast
Results 17,191 to 17,200 of 29440

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Mark.

If its live albums this is an old favourite

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Oh and this one too

Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Another AMP?What are you up to now Steve?
    Oh I don't know Adrian, much as I like my Audion Silver Night 300b, I had come to the conclusion that although it is great with jazz and acoustic stuff, it seemed to get a bit messy when driven harder or given more complex work. A big chunk of my music collection was just not enjoyable. While my speakers are very sensitive, I think the impedance can drop quite low in places (just something I read somewhere).

So along comes an amp (Musical Fidelity A5) at a good price which gives 250W into 8ohms and 400W into 4ohms. Initial listening impressions are slightly deeper but well controlled bass, which hopefully will be even better when the Christmas tree buggers off back to the garden. A bit of the "air" I enjoyed with the Audion seems to have gone, but I won't know for sure till the speakers go back to their original positions.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and my knowledge is very little

I have no plans to sell the Audion. The guy I bought the MF amp from, Neil (Enrae8) gave me a listening session on his Mastersound 845 into some Heco Direkt speakers, and the combination sounded wonderful to my ears. So definitely not turning my back on valves
    Last edited by Pigmy Pony; 04-12-2020 at 17:26.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Soft Cell version of 3 classic Hendrix tracks, starting with Hey Joe, slightly awesome.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Oh I don't know Adrian, much as I like my Audion Silver Night 300b, I had come to the conclusion that although it is great with jazz and acoustic stuff, it seemed to get a bit messy when driven harder or given more complex work. A big chunk of my music collection was just not enjoyable. While my speakers are very sensitive, I think the impedance can drop quite low in places (just something I read somewhere).

So along comes an amp (Musical Fidelity A5) at a good price which gives 250W into 8ohms and 400W into 4ohms. Initial listening impressions are slightly deeper but well controlled bass, which hopefully will be even better when the Christmas tree buggers off back to the garden. A bit of the "air" I enjoyed with the Audion seems to have gone, but I won't know for sure till the speakers go back to their original positions.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and my knowledge is very little

I have no plans to sell the Audion. The guy I bought the MF amp from, Neil (Enrae8) gave me a listening session on his Mastersound 845 into some Heco Direkt speakers, and the combination sounded wonderful to my ears. So definitely turning my back on valves
    Yes a good SS amp certainly can tame those bottom end demands. I often wonder if I did the right thing moving 6 years ago from the Meridian 557 to valves, a costly journey. The Allnic does well though. I saw the MF and was tempted but not in a position to do as you at the moment. Happy listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dominick.

I'm Adrian.

This is a wonderful album, IMO is probably one of his best. It is just an amazing album, it will make you Gato pop from bottoms to tops, huge dynamic range on this record, wonderfully mixed/recorded great guitar, bass, drum and keyboard definition!

The Steve Miller Band* ‎– Circle Of Love
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Pop Rock
    Year: 1981

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Time for another Live album, from one of the first signs HM IMO, although quite blues based, ahead of their time. As live recordings go it is pretty good, Nantucket Sleighride is pretty extravagant an excuse for the band to let rip and jam.

Mountain ‎– Twin Peaks
    Label: Columbia ‎– PG 32818, Windfall Records ‎– PG 32818
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1974

I'm Mark.

I had a short stint with The 300B Audion Silver Knights and when both monoblocks were noise free and with the right music they were sublime, however, they just couldn't deliver across my varied music collection and were replaced with what can only be described as my favourite valve amps at an "affordable" price Lumley Reference M120's.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    I had a short stint with The 300B Audion Silver Knights and when both monoblocks were noise free and with the right music they were sublime, however, they just couldn't deliver across my varied music collection and were replaced with what can only be described as my favourite valve amps at an "affordable" price Lumley Reference M120's.

Although getting 4 matched pairs of 6550's might be a challenge, I had a preference at the time for Sovtek's

+ Reply to Thread