+ Reply to Thread
Page 1190 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 19069010901140118011881189119011911192120012401290 ... LastLast
Results 11,891 to 11,900 of 12993

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Shaft (Soundtrack) - Isaac Hayes (1971)

Day 4 of my 90 day Tidal free trial, and going through some of my favourite albums to see how they sound. This one is a perennial favourite of mine, on my 2nd Vinyl copy and also have on CD/FLAC. Very pleased to find that on Tidal this is a "Master". Coupled with Tina Dico's latest being on there also as a Master I suspect my 90 day free trial is going to end up being a £20 a month commitment...

Anyway, if you've lived under a rock for almost the last 50 years and have never heard this it's fabulous, mainly instrumental, some fantastic playing especially the nineteen-and-a-half minutes of "Do your thing" (which although one of the three tracks with vocals, is mainly instrumental.)

Album Trivia: Upon its release in the summer of 1971, Shaft became the first double album of original studio material released by an R&B artist.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Harry Belafonte

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Joe Louis Walker, Bruce Katz and Giles Robson.

Journeys to the Heart of the Blues.

Top album this. Giles is a super harmonica player, and the only Brit harpist to play for Aligator records
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

If you like driving rock played well with energy that sounds fresh, then give this a listen. It is their most recent offering. Extremely good musicianship IMO.

[FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, Rothwell MCX SUT, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am at audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone

I'm Adrian.

If you are not familiar, they are not a tribute band to the Floyd, it was just something they did. They actually hail from the Allman Brothers and originally was a side project. Well worth a listen.

[FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, Rothwell MCX SUT, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am at audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Roger Waters - 'Amused to Death'

Sometimes regarded as "The Final Cut - Part II', this superbly recorded and brilliantly damning indictment of the state of the world, is even more relevant today than when it was first released in 1992.

U2 - 'The Joshua Tree'

U2 - 'Rattle and Hum'

Traffic - 'Welcome to the Canteen'

Now

Tangerine Dream - 'Rubycon'

Barry

I'm Grant.

Jimmy Scott. all the way.

Tidal.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ray Charles

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Jimmy Scott again. An amazingly soulful jazz voice he has although you would think it a female as he is whats called a countertenor if memory serves, which is around mezzo soprano for a woman. Always had top musicians wanting to play with him
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Chilling out

The Who ‎– Who's Next
    Label:Polydor ‎– 076 176-1, Track Record ‎– 076 176-1, Decca ‎– 076 176-1
    Format: 3 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Deluxe Edition, Reissue, Remastered, Gatefold
    Released: 2003
    Genre: Rock

[FONT="Arial"]

+ Reply to Thread