+ Reply to Thread
Page 2109 of 2109 FirstFirst ... 11091609200920592099210721082109
Results 21,081 to 21,084 of 21084

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I never bid in advance. I save my ebay bids until eight seconds before the sale ends so nobody has time to outbid me, why show your hand and be outbid? I bid as much as I'm happy to pay and no more.
    But they won't know what my maximum bid is until they go past that amount, that's my understanding. I can go away and forget about it. If I end up getting outbid, hey-ho, I'd already offered as much as I was prepared to pay.

I can see the logic in your method Geoff, but if I had to rely on this tired old laptop being quick enough to do a swoop in the closing seconds, I'd be disappointed more times than not.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    But they won't know what my maximum bid is until they go past that amount, that's my understanding. I can go away and forget about it. If I end up getting outbid, hey-ho, I'd already offered as much as I was prepared to pay.

I can see the logic in your method Geoff, but if I had to rely on this tired old laptop being quick enough to do a swoop in the closing seconds, I'd be disappointed more times than not.
    Ebay sniper apps don't even need the bidder to be around to outbid you in the dying couple of seconds of an auction - don't use a sniper myself but certainly lost out to them many a time!
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by ceejaydee View Post
    Ebay sniper apps don't even need the bidder to be around to outbid you in the dying couple of seconds of an auction - don't use a sniper myself but certainly lost out to them many a time!
    If you came across someone using a sniper app, and you were using one yourself, who wins?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If you came across someone using a sniper app, and you were using one yourself, who wins?
    The winner will be the one who has the highest bid limit.

I don't bid for much on eBay these days, but when I did I would make my bid within the last 5 seconds. And like Geoff, I set my maximum bid, and if I was outbid, then c'est la vie. I was rarely outbid however.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread