+ Reply to Thread
Page 2108 of 2947 FirstFirst ... 11081608200820582098210621072108210921102118215822082608 ... LastLast
Results 21,071 to 21,080 of 29466

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Fluke, "Risotto"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Christy Moore - 'Smoke and Strong Whiskey'

Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I do have "Venus and Mars" and used to quite like that. But I bet it's 30 years since I last played it. Also have a best of called "All the Best" which gets occasional play. I like that one. I think he's done some great tunes over the years, just a shame he seems to be widely regarded as a bit of a knob.
    You should try pressed to play, I first heard it on a visit to Denmark, my sister-in-law had got it when it was first released in 1986, it got played a lot and I purchased a copy when we got home.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

And now for something completely different:

Vanilla Fudge - 'Vanilla Fudge'

Label: Atlantic – 588 086
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: Nov 1967
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Psychedelic Rock

I used to like this when it was first released, but that was 50 years ago! Now it seems a clumsy mess with unsubtle overuse of a screaming organ.

All of the tracks written by others outside of the group were better performed.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Thanks for the heads up Adrian, I'll be sure to check it out.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    You should try pressed to play, I first heard it on a visit to Denmark, my sister-in-law had got it when it was first released in 1986, it got played a lot and I purchased a copy when we got home.
    Just seen a tidy looking copy on the Bay, so I've put a bid on it. Got 48hrs to run.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I wasn't put off by the mullets, and I've just seen a tidy looking copy on the Bay, so I've put a bid on it. Got 48hrs to run.

T'other system:

A/V:

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete812 View Post
    INXS - KICK. Fabulous album !!!! For that matter, nearly every album they did was fabulous, especially from (and including) Listen Like Thieves onwards :-)
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just seen a tidy looking copy on the Bay, so I've put a bid on it. Got 48hrs to run.
    I never bid in advance. I save my ebay bids until eight seconds before the sale ends so nobody has time to outbid me, why show your hand and be outbid? I bid as much as I'm happy to pay and no more.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I never bid in advance. I save my ebay bids until eight seconds before the sale ends so nobody has time to outbid me, why show your hand and be outbid? I bid as much as I'm happy to pay and no more.
    You might wanna cut that down to about 2 - 3 seconds!!! I've been outbid loads of times in that time frame :-(

Just an idea !!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

+ Reply to Thread