+ Reply to Thread
Page 2492 of 2947 FirstFirst ... 1492199223922442248224902491249224932494250225422592 ... LastLast
Results 24,911 to 24,920 of 29466

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

This Winter Machine – Kites
    Label: Hemspheres Records – none
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: 2021
    Genre: Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Josie.

I loved their debut album. But from then on they became too predictable. And Liams voice became more irritating. Didn't Johnny Rotten tell him to stop trying to sound like him?...LOL

What's the story was just a w*nk fest of Beatles arrangements and Wonderwall was the epitome of it.

I like the first track on Shoulders, but after that, it was pretty guff, IMO.

D.Maybe still holds together for me, great album. A classic although the production was sloppy.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Carina Round, The Disconnection

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Steve.

Iron Butterfly: Metamorphosis..

another one I've had since I was 15 or so..

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    I loved their debut album. But from then on they became too predictable. And Liams voice became more irritating. Didn't Johnny Rotten tell him to stop trying to sound like him?...LOL

What's the story was just a w*nk fest of Beatles arrangements and Wonderwall was the epitome of it.

D.Maybe still holds together for me, great album. A classic although the production was sloppy.
    It wasn't just the Beatles derivatives either. Maybe just how I hear it, but:

Part of "She's Electric", I can substitute some of the lyrics with "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing"

Part of "Whatever", sounds a bit like "How Sweet, to be an idiot", which always sounded to me like a send up of John Lennon, and performed on "Monty Python Live at Drury Lane", and maybe also done by the Ruttles.

Guitar on "Supersonic" always makes me want to play T. Rex "Get it On", to hear how it should be done.

Last year I picked up a CD of "Standing on the Shoulders..." for 25p at a car boot (I thought Macca might like it, but I was wrong - he likes Oasis, but not that), so it just went in the bin.

Sorry Loz, I agree with most of your music tastes, the stuff I've heard of anyway, but with Oasis, not so much
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post

I like your honesty ! I'll be honest with you............... From (and including) Def Maybe to Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants, to me, they are fkn brilliant; every album afterwards were mediocre but did contain some really excellent singles (especially Shock Of The Lightning).

Also, to "Pigmy Pony," I think with a lot of bands, they all nick bits of other peoples/bands songs so, can totally understand where you are coming from so, I cant just really hold that solely against Oasis. I still think Oasis were just superb but, one criticism I do have of them is that, when it came to their live performance, they were very, very boring on stage (except for Liam who I found to be quite entertaining) because they all just stood there, sort of lifeless and lacking in energy and enthusiasm; I like to see energy, effort and entertainment - especially when you consider what you have to pay to see people live!!!!

Thanks for the replies.

P.S. I'LL BE SEEING STEVE HILLAGE LIVE SOON BUT, I DONT THINK HE'LL BE RUNNING ROUND THE STAGE AND GOING WILD AT HIS AGE BUT I'M QUITE SURE THE MUSICIANSHIP/INSTRUMENT PLAYING WILL BE SUBLIME!!!!
    Last edited by Us-&-Them; 23-03-2023 at 18:19.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have a couple of Oasis discs: 'Definitely Maybe' and '(What's the Story) Morning Glory?'.

Very much of their time, I did enjoy them, but felt no need to acquire later recordings.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Raincoats – 'The Raincoats'

Label: Rough Trade – ROUGH 3
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1979
    Genre: Rock
    Style: New Wave, Avantgarde, Post-Punk
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sing the delta

this again...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread