+ Reply to Thread
Page 1921 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 92114211821187119111919192019211922192319311971202124212921 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,210 of 29494

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

As usual some very good choices there Dom
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Last night listened to this one, she has a lovely voice and some great songs, sadly the pressing quality on some track could be better, but is is a cheap

Dionne Warwicke* ‎– The Greatest Hits Of Dionne Warwicke Vol. 1
    Label: Hallmark Records ‎– SHM 789
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation
    Released: 1972
    Genre: Funk / Soul, Pop

This Morning, always had a soft spot for Status Quo, first band I saw live at Southampton Top Rank when I was 14 (1972), they were promoting the just released 'Piledriver" album. This album is an OK I'd say most track are 6/10, with the a couple 7.5/10, it was a difficult time then with the punk scene

Status Quo ‎– If You Can't Stand The Heat...
    Label: Vertigo ‎– 9102 027
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Die-cut Gatefold, Spaceship Labels
    Released: 11 Nov 1978

It is a long time since I have listened to a Rod Stewart album and I was rather surprised just how good this one is, quite rocky, obviously he had a good band at the time on it.

Rod Stewart ‎– Foot Loose & Fancy Free
    Label: Riva (2) ‎– RVLP 5
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1977

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

This one reached #1 in the UK album charts in 1973, Gilbert has been massively successful over the years:-

from Discogs "Gilbert has 21 albums and 68 compilations accredited to him. There are also some 124 singles/EPs accredited to him. Of these Gilbert has achieved UK music chart success so far in his career. In total, 11 LPs have charted (Top 100) with four achieving 'Top 10' placings and the album 'Back To Front' hitting the coveted No.1 spot in the UK in January 1973. In all, his LP chart success has gained him over 200 weeks in the UK music charts to date."

For me he always seemed to be the pop star that never quite made it big like Elton John, one thing about Gilbert O'Sulivan he is a very good singer/songwriter in his own right.

Gilbert O'Sullivan ‎– Back To Front
    Label:
    MAM ‎– MAM-SS 502, MAM ‎– MAM-SS.502
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    UK
    Released:

I'm Adrian.

Some of you may noticed I am not listening to my normal fare of Rock, Prog and Electronic today, that's because I have been given a small collection of LP's from the 60's & 70's and nearly everyone is in mint condition, very lucky. This particular album is a must if you like Funk/Soul, the Stylistics were a very classy act that produced some beautiful songs and were always well produced, this album has all there classics and hit #1 in the UK in 1975, not surprising really.

The Stylistics ‎– The Best Of The Stylistics
    Label: Avco ‎– AV-69005-698
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Monarch Pressing
    Released: 1975
    Genre: Funk / Soul

I'm Adrian.

Talking Heads ‎– Stop Making Sense
    Label: EMI ‎– TAH 1, EMI ‎– EJ 2402431
    Released: 1984

I'm Dominick.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Some of you may noticed I am not listening to my normal fare of Rock, Prog and Electronic today, that's because I have been given a small collection of LP's from the 60's & 70's and nearly everyone is in mint condition, very lucky. This particular album is a must if you like Funk/Soul, the Stylistics were a very classy act that produced some beautiful songs and were always well produced, this album has all there classics and hit #1 in the UK in 1975, not surprising really.

That's a coincidence, I picked up a mint looking copy of this from the charity shop for a quid just the other day, not had a chance to play it yet....

I'm Steve.

Just had a look, and I have this too. Looks to be NM. Don't remember getting it, and I've never played it. I need to have a word with myself.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Talking Heads ‎– Stop Making Sense
    Label: EMI ‎– TAH 1, EMI ‎– EJ 2402431
    Released: 1984

Good one Adrian.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Mark Knopfler - 'Sailing to Philadelphia'

Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good one Adrian.
    On your recommendation I bid on eBay for it, took a chance on a not inspected copy from a 1000+ collection someone was selling. When it turned up it looked very dirty and dusty, so gave it a very good clean, turned out to be nam

Great recording

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread