+ Reply to Thread
Page 2087 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 10871587198720372077208520862087208820892097213721872587 ... LastLast
Results 20,861 to 20,870 of 29308

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

OMD never let you down, such a good pop/rock album..

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark – The Pacific Age
    Label: Virgin – V 2398
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1986

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Rob.

I loved Walter Becker's contribution to Steely Dan with his ironic lyrics and vocal style. This is a great album IMO and very well used.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Adrian.

I heard a BBC radio 2 interview with this chap yesterday, he came across as a lovely un-assuming sincere man. If you don't know who he is then you probably should, several Billboard Top Ten hits, including his #1 multi‑platinum smash “Escape” aka “The Pina Colada Song”. This is insignificant to his other achievements in music, writing, theatre, film and TV. he certainly knows how to pen a song, lyrically and musically.

Have a read of his bloghttps://www.rupertholmes.com/about/,

Rupert Holmes ‎– Full Circle
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Soft Rock, Pop Rock
    Year: 1981

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    And the rest of my Christmas haul...

FFS, Franz Ferdinand and Sparks, great stuff.
    I had an Exuma 45 back in the 70s "Mad Fool" completely bonkers lyrics!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    OMD never let you down, such a good pop/rock album..

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark – The Pacific Age
    Label: Virgin – V 2398
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1986

Not played this in about 30 years, forgotten what it's like. I bought it for the single 'Forever Live and Die' iirc. I should dig it out.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Another often overlooked artist who is extremely good....

Bruce Hornsby & The Range* – Scenes From The Southside
    Label: RCA – PL 86686, RCA – PL86686
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
    Released: 1988

I'm Dominick.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Rick Wakeman – 'The Six Wives Of Henry VIII'

Label: A&M Records – AMLH 64361
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Released: 1973
    Genre: Rock, Classical
    Style: Prog Rock, Classical, Symphonic Rock

I recently posted I had this LP and liked it (or thought I did). I hadn't played it in ages, so I though I ought to listen to it again.

Hmmm - sounds very dated now; a typical effort by a rocker who wants to gain kudos by dabbling with classical idioms. In this case some of them are not original, and in no way sum up the character of each of the six wives. 5/10 from me (with a possible charity shop donation in mind).
    Barry

I'm Christopher.

On Spotify..

Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Cowboy Junkies - 'The Caution Horses'

After seeing this I streamed it to see what it's like - the result being that I now have it on order (vinyl) with the last of my vouchers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread