+ Reply to Thread
Page 1120 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 1206201020107011101118111911201121112211301170122016202120 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,200 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

some classic Rock

Eagles ‎– On The Border
    Label: Asylum Records ‎– SYL 9016
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Textured Sleeve
    Released: 1974
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Classic Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Bruce Stringsteen

Are you taking the "p"?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Are you taking the "p"?
    https://tidal.com/album/102220347
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Jack Bruce
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Greg.

Bossa ......vibe tonight

G

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good album but puzzled by Stringsteen!

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Been putting together a list of test listening tracks, some are obvious others not so, so some notes below in case you are interested.

Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra all you need is first 2 minutes, lots of double bass and organ low bass, ensure you find the Zubin Mehta with NY Philharmonic recording as recordings of this work vary greatly and this is a good one

Both the Eva Cassidy’s are pure original recordings and will test your systems setup, her voice should be smooth with minimal sibilants.

Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel for dynamics, attack and rhythmic feel.

Sinead O’Connor listen to separation and clarity of strings and her voice should be clear with nice airyness.

Tracks below recommended on https://www.lifewire.com/stereo-test-tracks-3134905

Toto, "Rosanna"
    Toto IV album cover
    Sony BMG Music
    This has become the first test song we usually put on. Scoff if you will at Toto's album, "Toto IV," but this track's dense mix truly spans the audio spectrum. This is usually the quickest test we've found for judging the accuracy of an audio product's tonal balance—the relative level of bass to midrange to treble. Just 30 seconds of "Rosanna" will tell you whether a product is on the good or bad side of things.

We used to use Steely Dan's "Aja" for this purpose, and this track is still a good choice.

Holly Cole, "Train Song"
    Temptation album cover, Holly Cole
    Alert Music
    We purchased Cole's album, "Temptation," when it was first released back in 1995. Ever since then, "Train Song" has been one of the first three test tracks played when we evaluate an audio system. This song starts with some intensely deep bass notes, which can easily push lesser speakers and subwoofers towards distorting the lows.

The tinkly percussion that dances across the front of the soundstage is a great test of high-frequency performance and stereo imaging. If your tweeter can cleanly and clearly reproduce the super high-pitched chime, struck right after Cole sings the line, "…never, never, never ring a bell," then you've got a good one. Be sure to go with the studio recording over the live version.

World Saxophone Quartet, "The Holy Men"
    Metamorphosis album cover, World Saxophone Quartet
    Elektra/Nonesuch Records
    "Metamorphosis" is a great album by the World Saxophone Quartet, and "The Holy Men" is one of the best test tracks for stereo imaging and midrange detail that we know of. Each of the group's four saxophones—all four of which play nonstop through the entire tune—is positioned at a certain place within the stereo soundstage.

You'll want to be able to pick out each saxophone individually and point to it (yes, in the air). If you can do that, then you've got a fantastic system. If not, don't worry too much, because this particular listening test is pretty hard!

Olive, "Falling"
    Extra Virgin album cover, Olive

If you want one of the best bass tests in existence, go for Olive's "Extra Virgin." We often use the song "Falling" when testing for the best subwoofer placement. The synthesizer bass line is powerful and punchy, dropping way down to a deep note, one that tends to nearly disappear when played over mini speakers or bad headphones.

Know that this is a harsh-sounding recording if you're listening to the mids and treble. So it might be worth making a custom version with the treble rolled off -6 dB at 20 kHz.

Saint-Saëns’ Symphony No. 3, 'Organ Symphony' album cover

This may be the best deep-bass test ever. We don't mean the booming, headache-inducing hip-hop or heavy rock brand of bass. We're talking about the subtle, beautiful bass emitted by a massive pipe organ, with its deepest notes reaching way down to 16 Hz. This recording from Boston Audio Society's album "Test CD-1" is not to be played without caution.

Be aware that the low tones are in this track are so intense that they can easily destroy small woofers!

You'll want to enjoy it through some monster subs, such as the SVS PB13-Ultra or the Hsu Research VTF-15H. This track is absolutely spectacular and something that any self-respecting audiophile or audio enthusiast should appreciate and own.

Trilok Gurtu, "Once I Wished a Tree Upside Down"
    Living Magic album cover, Trilok Gurtu
    CMP Records
    There's no better way we've found to test stereo and envelopment than this cut by Indian percussionist Gurtu, with saxophonist Jan Garbarek. When listening to "Once I Wished a Tree Upside Down" off the album, "Living Magic," pay attention to the chocalho shaker chimes.

If your speakers are top-notch, the sounds of chimes will seem to swirl around and even materialize right in front of you, almost as if Gurtu were standing between you and the speakers—and this isn't hyperbole! Put on a pair of the best electrostatic or planar magnetic headphones, and you can hear exactly what we're talking about.

Dennis and David Kamakahi, "Ulili'E"
    'Ohana album cover, Dennis and David Kamakahi
    Amazon

From the Kamakahis' album "Ohana," this is a gentle and lovely recording of slack key guitar and ukulele behind two rich male voices. Those who listen to this song through lesser sound systems may not be so impressed. If this is true, it can mean there's a problem with your speaker's upper-bass reproduction, or that your subwoofer's crossover point is inappropriate, and/or the positioning of your speakers and subwoofer needs adjustment.

Reverend Dennis's voice is especially deep, which can sound bloated on most systems. This recording—the detuned strings of the slack-key guitar in particular—should sound amazing. If it doesn't, then you've got some work to do to ​improve your system's audio performance.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Came across this looking for test listening tracks, never heard her before, very interesting album, at times like Rickie Lee Jones but more sparse. Pretty good

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Good album but puzzled by Stringsteen!
    sorry, a typo.. needless to say.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread