+ Reply to Thread
Page 1523 of 1581 FirstFirst ... 52310231423147315131521152215231524152515331573 ... LastLast
Results 15,221 to 15,230 of 15805

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Wire: Chairs Missing. CD

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Dominick.

I'm Grant.

RyG..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Robert.

Superb album from the one and only Burning Spear.

I have the US and UK first presses.

UK 1st press is a joy! - more weight/body to the presentation than the US press, particularly in the bottom end

Burning Spear ‎– Dry & Heavy
    Label: Island Records ‎– MLPS 9431
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1977
    Genre: Reggae
    Style: Roots Reggae

Tracklist
    A1 Any River
    A2 The Sun
    A3 It's A Long Way Around
    A4 I W.I.N.
    A5 Throw Down Your Arms

B1 Dry And Heavy
    B2 Wailing
    B3 Black Disciples
    B4 Shout It Out
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs. Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    So this is the third time I have listened to this album and I must say I am beginning to realise that it is a bit of classic and is extremely good, great songs and feeling.

PJ takes a bit of getting used to. I have several of her albums and they are all different, but interesting.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

'Wakka/Jawaka' is one of my favourite Zappa albums. Good choice.
    Barry

I'm Dominick.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

Love that 70's Neil Young period.. On the Beach, Zuma, Rust & Live Rust must get some out later..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Adrian.

So having recently discovered PJ Harvey with "Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea" a friend recommended " Let England Shake" album produced some 11 years later, it still has a similar feel but the songs on this one seem more heart felt, one or two are quite quirky but still very good. After and initial listen I think this could become a favourite. Strange I did not discover her sooner, I was aware of her but never really had a good listen to her. well worth making the effort IMO.

PJ Harvey ‎– Let England Shake
    Label: Island Records ‎– 2758997
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 14 Feb 2011
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock

[FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, Rothwell MCX SUT, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Wilson Benesch Vector speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am at audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone

I'm Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread