+ Reply to Thread
Page 1354 of 2946 FirstFirst ... 3548541254130413441352135313541355135613641404145418542354 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,540 of 29455

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I have that - it's pretty good. Those old guys can still do it!
    Very good album. Dr John guested on joanna.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Looks interesting, I will investigate on tidal and its out on Vinyl.
    Flood is part of Node. He's a very highly respected Engineer/Producer responcible for some top line work with various high profile bands..

I'm Adrian.

It is 20 months since I have listened to this, yes I am OCD and keep a record in a database when I last listened to an album. Anyway my system has changed somewhat since then, and now this sounds rather superb, I always liked it and have previously played it several times, but am now getting much more depth and nuances.

"Love this Giant" did well in the charts, and generally received good reviews, with some reservations in different aspects. I personally think it is extremely good and well worth listening to, in fact I will still my neck out and think that it may even be one of those records that becomes seen as a classic in the future. Well worth a listen.

As can be seen it is a collaboration between David Byrne(famous from mad of Talking Heads) and St. Vincent(Annie Clark), both are great artists in their own right, and both can be described as being at least avant-garde and experimental. There are several unusual things about this album, from Wiki "They composed lyrics in person and via e-mail, which resulted in an entire album's worth of material. Byrne and Clark each wrote and sing their own lyrics, with the exception of "The Forest Awakes"—which Byrne wrote, but Clark sings. The instrumentation and funk grooves discouraged Byrne from writing his typical personal lyrics to writing about larger themes and Clark emphasised the art music nature of the recordings while composing." and from Annie Clark ""I suggested brass as a prominent voice because, at the time David and I decided to write songs together, I had just done the Actor record with a lot of woodwind and a lot of strings on it. So I hadn't explored brass and I wanted to."

David Byrne & St. Vincent ‎– Love This Giant
    Label: 4AD ‎– CAD 3231
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 2012
    Genre: Rock, Funk / Soul, Pop
    Style: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Experimental

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

An older classic

Byrds* ‎– Byrds
    Label: Asylum Records ‎– SD 5058
    Released: 05 Mar 1973
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Folk Rock, Country Rock, Classic Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

The more I listen to Cptn. Beefy the more I like it.

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band* ‎– Mirror Man
    Label: Buddah Records ‎– BDS 5077
    Released: 1971
    Style: Blues Rock, Avantgarde

I'm Adrian.

Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen ‎– Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen
    Label: Warner Bros. Records ‎– BS 2847
    Released: 1975
    Style: Country Rock

I'm Adrian.

The Moody Blues With The London Festival Orchestra Conducted By Peter Knight (5) ‎– Days Of Future Passed
    Label: Deram ‎– SML 707, Deram ‎– SML.707
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Black Text
    Released: Nov 1967
    Style: Psychedelic Rock, Symphonic Rock

I'm Andre.

Last two Node CDees just come thru the post Box

'Node 2' & 'Node Live'. Ill get these FLAC Zapped & played.. Great albums especially the Live jobbie..

I'm Grant.

Jeff Buckley..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread