+ Reply to Thread
Page 2095 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 1095159519952045208520932094209520962097 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,950 of 20996

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

  1. #20941
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 26,726
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    From last year's Christmas vinyl haul

    I used to have that - but it went the way of a lot of the '80s techno-pop stuff I wanted to get rid of: to the local vicarage jumble sale!
    Barry

  2. #20942
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 9,835
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to have that - but it went the way of a lot of the '80s techno-pop stuff I wanted to get rid of: to the local vicarage jumble sale!
    Ah, the good old days when the local church jumble sale was worth the walk - these days the vicar's helpers would more likely take out anything of interest and stick it on Ebay.

    Last jumble sale I went to, I was probably looking for Famous Five books I hadn't yet read. Wouldn't happen now - such racist muck would be intercepted and burned by those who want us to disown our past
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

    A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

    Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

  3. #20943
    Join Date: Mar 2018

    Location: East Sussex

    Posts: 783
    I'm Dominick.

    Default

    So I'm not a huge Fan of Pink Floyd's stuff post 'Animals', but I saw this for a quid in the charity shop and thought I'd give it a go. Very self-derivative, but quite a nice ambient + listen.



    Another £1 impulse, a bit pop-rock for me but good fun.


    Back to old favourites...


    Last edited by Barry; 10-01-2022 at 22:09.

  4. #20944
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 86,069
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' BOSE, CAMBRIDGE & SONY HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S -

    **I’ve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

    "An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

    "Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

    It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

    “without a cause, we are...nothing! We stay because we believe. We leave because we are disillusioned. We come back because we are lost. We die because we are committed."

    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  5. #20945
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 26,726
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    So I'm not a huge Fan of Pink Floyd's stuff post 'Animals', but I saw this for a quid in the charity shop and thought I'd give it a go. Very self-derivative, but quite a nice ambient + listen.


    Like you, I more or less lost interest in Pink Floyd after 'Animals', yet if I had seen that for £1 in my local charity shop I would have certainly snapped it up. Well done!
    Barry

  6. #20946
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 26,726
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Colosseum - 'Those About to Die Salute You'



    If you can get past the rather silly cover, this is IMO a rather good jazz-blues LP.

    Label: Fontana – STL 5510, Fontana – STL.5510
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Country: UK
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Blues Rock, Fusion, Jazz-Rock, Prog Rock
    Barry

  7. #20947
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 26,726
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Et sequitur:

    Colosseum - 'Valentyne Suite'



    The title is apt - it really is a rock-jazz suite.

    Label: Vertigo – VO 1, Vertigo – 847 900 VTY
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Country: UK
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Jazz, Rock
    Style: Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Prog Rock
    Barry

  8. #20948
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 26,726
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Ah, the good old days when the local church jumble sale was worth the walk - these days the vicar's helpers would more likely take out anything of interest and stick it on Ebay.

    Last jumble sale I went to, I was probably looking for Famous Five books I hadn't yet read. Wouldn't happen now - such racist muck would be intercepted and burned by those who want us to disown our past
    When I were a mere snip of a lad (7 - 10 years old), I used to like to read the Famous Five books. Terribly dated now and very 'middle class': the 'baddies' were always foreign or from the 'lower classes'. But - was "George" (the 'tom boy' girl) the first candidate for a potential trans-gender character in childrens literature?

    Regarding vicarage jumble sale helpers picking out 'plums' for sale on eBay - I have no problem with that; the purpose is to raise as much cash as possible. After all it's what Oxfam do (as I'm sure so do other charities).
    Barry

  9. #20949
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 26,726
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Marianne Faithfull - 'Broken English'



    I had forgotten how good this LP is.
    Barry

  10. #20950
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: London/Durham

    Posts: 5,356
    I'm Lawrence.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    When I were a mere snip of a lad (7 - 10 years old), I used to like to read the Famous Five books. Terribly dated now and very 'middle class': the 'baddies' were always foreign or from the 'lower classes'. But - was "George" (the 'tom boy' girl) the first candidate for a potential trans-gender character in childrens literature?

    Regarding vicarage jumble sale helpers picking out 'plums' for sale on eBay - I have no problem with that; the purpose is to raise as much cash as possible. After all it's what Oxfam do (as I'm sure so do other charities).
    When I was that age I used to buy books at the jumble sales. I really liked the Pan horror series. (I'm not sure my parents ever looked at the books I bought.) I've still got quite a few and going back to read them years later I was shocked how graphic they were!

    I can still remember one story about 2 boys who liked to take radios and stuff apart in their shed to see how they worked. Then they decided they wanted to know how the little girl next door worked. Fortunately I had the sense not to copy the things I read

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •