+ Reply to Thread
Page 1419 of 2950 FirstFirst ... 4199191319136914091417141814191420142114291469151919192419 ... LastLast
Results 14,181 to 14,190 of 29494

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Andre.

Here goes steve found one of the new recordings for you. I just have a problem with the snappy modern drum kit they have used on the tracks.. The Synthesizer is an issue with me too but i suppose it aint 1971 anymore

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Here goes steve found one of the new recordings for you. I just have a problem with the snappy modern drum kit they have used on the tracks.. The Synthesizer is an issue with me too but i suppose it aint 1971 anymore

Do you know I found that quite unsettling and just wrong in so many ways... Appreciate the post though.

Making amends, now playing the real NE4 thing...

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Do you know I found that quite unsettling and just wrong in so many ways... Appreciate the post though.
    Can you now see why i wont entertain or go see old bands playing in new times? Everything about what was good back then is no more.

I'm Steve.

Can you now see why i wont entertain or go see old bands playing in new times? Everything about what was good back then is no more.
    yeah to a point, but I go see the Strawbs every time they're in Town (sometimes the acoustic, sometimes the Electric Band) I don't expect them to sound the same ( but they come real close with the electric band).

I don't think I'd be buying a rework / retake of Grave New World tho..

And I've said it before its about time their back catalogue was given the 180g treatment. Bet they wouldn't do a reish of the Grave New World Cover tho. That must have cost a few bob first time around.

I'll also admit to leaving before the end of Dr Feelgood and Colin Bluntstone in recent months but I was pleased that I gave them a go … if that makes sense.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Andre.

Its was all about the sound of the time & the old instruments they used etc. Recreating the sound in modern times is utterly different atmosphere. Surely you can hear that in those new Ton Ton recordings..

Can you imagine how shit a re-issue of Grave New World Sleeve artwork/packet construction would be

I'm Steve.

Its was all about the sound of the time & the old instruments they used etc. Recreating the sound in modern times is utterly different atmosphere. Surely you can hear that in those new Ton Ton recordings..

Can you imagine how shit a re-issue of Grave New World Sleeve artwork/packet construction would be
    I've seen some of your comments on simple to copy sleeves....

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Great album Adrian big fan of Kate.
    Currently testing new dac with a few all time favs. Just finished The The - Mind Bomb what an amazing album. Up next probably my all time fav album deff in top 3 Tears for Fears - Sowing the seeds of love 16 bit version off Tidal.
    I have vinyl copies of Soul Mining, Infected and Mind Bomb, and while I still play the first two, I didn't really get on with Mind Bomb. Maybe it's time for a revisit. Sowing The Seeds another favourite, great production
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Bit of Cheap Trick and a glass of Brandy to end the evening

Bloody hell Russell, tell me your heating isn't on!

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Mike Oldfield - Songs from distant earth really showing some power with new dac huge soundstage
    Just reminded me Pete, Mrs. Pony bought me "Return To Ommadawn" on vinyl for Christmas, and I haven't played it yet

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Shane.

Bob James - As It Happens.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread