+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We're back up!

I'm Alan.

Well done. The system down I have been working on took over a week. So I know it isn't fun.

I'm Grant.

Was posting something with pics on tapatalk and it crashed and burned before i got to the end. Doh! Best leaving trickier stuff for a while til it stabilises. Just got a pile of 78s handed me so gonna get the hmv wound up
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Toby.

Havent posted in a while but have looked in from time to time, I thought the forum had died when I saw it was down, still seems a little on/off for me but good to see the problem is being handled.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Good job on getting it back up. Isn't there a simple way to prevent it happening by doubling the redundancy on the server? You can double up on the number of backup drives for example so when updates to one goes wrong you stand a fighting chance of the other update being spot on. My site is hosted on a server with 4 independent back up drives for example, each backed up daily.
    Hi Paul,

Good point. I shall mention that to Nick

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

It was on Twitter a while a go

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No worries, Steve. How did you know there was a disk corruption before I reported it?

Marco.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    Not just you, Its been up & down more often than a tarts knickers this end... Still ironing out the issue's I guess.
    Yup, I was just about to send this the last time before the system crashed again:

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    Also, as some of you will have noticed, using the forum at the moment is not a terribly speedy experience. This is due to currently high CPU (memory) usage, as a result of some idiot in Russia incessantly spamming our mail system, using up our memory reserves in the process, and thus causing the site to run slowly.

This matter will be addressed later once Nick gets back from work and can access the Plesk control panel, in order that he can take the necessary steps to solve that problem, so bear with us please whilst these changes are taking effect!

Marco.
    I'm still waiting to hear if we're officially out of the woods yet, so hang in there folks.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Good to see the forum back, well done!!!!

I'm Neil.

I will try again lol last post in this here spot has evaporated.....

Its good to have AOS back, well done those behind the scenes who achieved this

Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Ah, Hi everybody!! Nice to be back on here. Had a poke about on TAS, but it's not the same by any means. Early days yet for them. AOS is the place to be, other Hi-Fi forums seem to either lack the friendliness or are full of loonies (that is not directed at TAS by the way).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear if we're officially out of the woods yet, so hang in there folks.
    I've just had it confirmed by our server hosts that all should now be well.

We've had to add a considerable amount of disc space to the server, in order to house all the current data and ensure that in future things run smoothly. One of the things about AoS is that the forum content is very graphic-intensive, with our large banner (header and footer), including the large and colourful avatars present on 100s of people's profiles and (in some cases) HUGE sticky threads running permanently - all of which continually eats up system resources.

We don't mind that, however, as it's an important part of the identity of AoS, and is what sets us apart from other forums, but there is a price to pay both in terms of the time taken to maintain it all and the financial cost of hosting the content, in terms of bandwidth, so please bear that in mind in future and appreciate the time and effort undertaken by the team in running your favourite audio and music forum!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast