+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammonite Acoustics News

I'm Bernard.

Hugo,

What are the differences between the Mk1 and the Mk2 version of the collar. I believe I have your Mk1 version. Can I use the "new" spacer with it?

Thanks,
    Bernard
    Last edited by Berni217; 09-10-2014 at 12:53.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Hugo.

Hi Bernard

The new spacer can be used with the old collar, but there will be a visible 'step' around the periphery since the new collars and spacers are slightly smaller in radius, by 1mm. That little design change was done to eliminate any compatibility issues with certain armboards, eg the Sound Supports one for the Technics SL-1200/1210; also it means that the spacer can also be used with the original Jelco collar.

That aside, the main change in the Mk2 collar is the sharp side-cutout in the pillar hole, which provides two sharply defined vertical knife-edges against which the arm pillar is held gently but totally securely, without having to tighten the grub screw by any more than a slight 'nip'. In other words, there is now no possibility at all of any vertical rocking of the arm pillar in the collar - if the platter and armboard are level and true to each other, then the arm pillar will be correctly vertical to that level plane. The grub screw is also now nylon-tipped, replacing the separate screw and small nylon stub that I used to supply - this change was done simply for users' convenience and ease of use, even though the screw itself is actually rather expensive.

If you are considering a new collar with a spacer, give me a shout and I can do you a better deal, as an existing customer.

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Hi Bernard

The new spacer can be used with the old collar, but there will be a visible 'step' around the periphery since the new collars and spacers are slightly smaller in radius, by 1mm. That little design change was done to eliminate any compatibility issues with certain armboards, eg the Sound Supports one for the Technics SL-1200/1210; also it means that the spacer can also be used with the original Jelco collar.

That aside, the main change in the Mk2 collar is the sharp side-cutout in the pillar hole, which provides two sharply defined vertical knife-edges against which the arm pillar is held gently but totally securely, without having to tighten the grub screw by any more than a slight 'nip'. In other words, there is now no possibility at all of any vertical rocking of the arm pillar in the collar - if the platter and armboard are level and true to each other, then the arm pillar will be correctly vertical to that level plane. The grub screw is also now nylon-tipped, replacing the separate screw and small nylon stub that I used to supply - this change was done simply for users' convenience and ease of use, even though the screw itself is actually rather expensive.

If you are considering a new collar with a spacer, give me a shout and I can do you a better deal, as an existing customer.
    PM sent.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Hugo.

Default Jelco Collars and Spacers 20% Discount Offer

Special Offer until 31 December 2014

Ammonite Audio's improved Jelco tonearm collars and spacers are discounted by 20% until the end of the year. Spacer and collar bundles are subject to an additional 5% discount.

So, treat yourselves for Christmas and head for the shop now!

I'm Hugo.

Here is my old Ittok, fitted with a one-piece custom CNC machined alloy armtube, on the venerable TD-124. The theory behind this project was to eliminate the three different materials in the clanky old Ittok's armtube, eg headshell, tinny tube and end-stub, and replace those with a single piece of acoustically homogenous material. There are a couple of little wrinkles to iron out, but it does sound rather glorious - meaty yet refined, with a far-reaching bass quality that the old Ittok never seemed to manage.

I'd love to pitch it against an Ekos SE! If others agree with me that it's a good product, it may go into limited production, as a cheap way of resurrecting a knackered Ittok, or turning one into a new top-flight tonearm at a sensible price. The Ittok has its flaws, but it has to be one of the easiest arms in the world to handle and use, so in my view it's worthy of an upgrade like this.

I'm Bernie.

That's rather nice Hugo! What sort of cost would be involved if you went into limited production?
    Bernie.

I'm Hugo.

That really depends on how much more it costs me to develop (prototype CAD work and CNC engineering is expensive), but hopefully sensibly priced and "affordable"

I'm Deleted.

That is a really lovely bit of machining!
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Ammonite Audio's improved Jelco tonearm collars and spacers are discounted by 20% until the end of the year. Spacer and collar bundles are subject to an additional 5% discount.

So, treat yourselves for Christmas and head for the shop now!
    Do you recommend the spacer on the Technics SL1200?
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Grant.

top work Hugo. sure it would be a success
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast