+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ammonite Acoustics News

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by struth
    top work Hugo. sure it would be a success
    Thanks - I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    That is a really lovely bit of machining!
    Thanks - your acrylic work isn't too shabby either!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei
    Do you recommend the spacer on the Technics SL1200?
    Almost certainly not. The Technics platter is so low that a sunken armboard is required to make the Jelco arms fit, so there's not usually 10mm available to accommodate a spacer. The situation might be different with a taller Mike New or Funk platter, but I still think a spacer would be unnecessary.

I'm Hugo.

JSA Headphone Conditioners are available to buy from my webshop now. JSA are an offshoot of VertexAQ and you can read about them here. In short, these are passive acoustic and RFI absorption boxes that sit between your headphones and the headphone amplifier. They perform the normal VertexAQ trick of reducing interference that interferes with music timing, cues etc.

Paul Rigby has just reviewed the Type 2 Headphone Conditioner very favourable on his Audiophile Man website. Have a read of the review, but his conclusion sum his feeling up quite nicely:

No doubt using the same technology to its respected Vertex AQ distortion removing cables, filters and power blocks, the JSA clears a lot of the rubbish from a packed soundstage, giving it room to perform and relaxing all of the artists. Instead of a heightened tension, singers and players now seemed to be enjoying themselves. Listening to the JSA, you will too.

I'm Hugo.

My 20% discount offer on Jelco collars and spacers ends at midnight today!

Grey spacers are now almost sold out, so grey collar/spacer bundle deals are no longer available. Grey collars, black collars, black spacers and black collar/spacer bundles are all in stock and ready to go.

I'm Andrei.

Default Improved Jelco Collar

I have recently installed Speedy Steve's Ebony armboard and thought I may as well get the Improved Jelco Collar while I was at it. It works a treat and is blindingly easy to set up. As Hugo says, all you have got to do is make sure your TT is level. Then with his collar you can't help but install the tonearm column vertically ie it is actually impossible to get it wrong.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    I have recently installed Speedy Steve's Ebony armboard and thought I may as well get the Improved Jelco Collar while I was at it. It works a treat and is blindingly easy to set up. As Hugo says, all you have got to do is make sure your TT is level. Then with his collar you can't help but install the tonearm column vertically ie it is actually impossible to get it wrong.
    Thanks for the kind words Andrei! I'm glad that you're pleased with the collar.

I'm stuart.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Hugo. I ordered a headshell yesterday at 4pm and I received it this morning, fantastic service.

I'm Hugo.

My pleasure. I know that it's hard waiting for any new toy so I do my best to ensure quick delivery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123