+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol, quality. I also love the theme tune, and always have done!

And yes, episodes used to scare me a little too, especially the one about Royal Jelly... Aside from that, my favourite episodes are The Landlady, The Hitchhiker, Stranger in Town, Have a Nice Death', and The Sound Machine.

Very amusing now though, and I just love the 70s/early 80s decors, and snapshots in general of life as it once was!

Marco.

P.S Were the speakers also from Sony?
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

P.S Were the speakers also from Sony?
    Not sure - can’t really make them out properly.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Last night, I was watching an old episode of Tales of The Unexpected, and came across this:

A guy using the exact same Koss headphones as me! With some Sony gear in the background.. Check out the rest of the system though, must've been state-of-the-art in its day:

Some close-up shots elsewhere during the programme revealed that the electronics were all top models from Sony. Tried to see what the turntable was, but the camera didn't get in close enough. Probably Sony. I think the whole system was.

Cool pad and system though, eh?

Marco.
    The headphones look like Koss Pro4As. I have a couple of pairs (though mine may be Pro 4AAs). They were good in their day.
    Barry

Yesh, I sold you some, remember?

The ones above are identical to mine, and are also good in this day, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Pavel.

The Sony gear is very tasty: TA-F6B with its matching tuner and cassette deck.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I've probably told you before, but I was in an episode of Tales of the Unexpected, filmed in about 1980 - for a brief second! I was 11 and a carol singer in the episode The Party starring Robert Morley. I have a photo from the set and his autograph somewhere in the loft. It was filmed in Norwich in August and my school choir were all dressed in scarves, hats, gloves and winter coats on a sweltering hot day!
    Is that the one where he thinks his whole company are ignoring him when he retires and they're all going off to a disco, so he burns down the pub? But it turns out they were going to his surprise retirement party.

I'm Lawrence.

Yup, and it's quite a funny one, too (from 1980)! As a teenager it was often the last thing I watched before bed on a Sunday night. Mum and I used to watch all the episodes regularly, along with with stuff like Thriller, Hammer House of Horror, Raffles, etc. Great TV progs they simply don't make now!

Marco.
    Me too, I recently saw the one where the boy went off with the turtle, it really brought back memories but I had completely forgotten about it until I saw it again. I did remember the one where the farmers smash up the Chippendale dresser, and the man who feeds his baby with bee stuff.

I watched That's Life every week with my mum, was that a Sunday too? And the Professionals (a Saturday I think).

The scariest TV memory I have of that time (I would have been about 8) was the Hammer House of Horror episode called the House that Bled to Death where a pipe sprayed blood all over a children's birthday party or something.

Funnily enough I watched all that but I wasn't allowed to watch The Sweeney because of the violence.

I'm Martin.

I think the Professionals was Sunday night. I remember my younger brothers always pleading to be allowed to stay up for it.

Hart To Hart and That's Life were on a bit earlier in the evening, along with Battlestar Galactica.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think the Professionals was Sunday night.
    Are you sure? From my memory, it was a Monday night, which seems to the case, as stated here: http://www.mark-1.co.uk/Professionals/profprod.htm

Noting:

"Filming Block 1 - Commenced Monday 13th June 1977, completed Friday 13th January 1978".

It was defo originally shown on a Monday night, but it could've been moved later to a Sunday... I agree though; it was one of the best TV series EVER!

Marco.
    Main System

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Is that the one where he thinks his whole company are ignoring him when he retires and they're all going off to a disco, so he burns down the pub? But it turns out they were going to his surprise retirement party.
    Yes, that’s the one Lawrence. The “pub” where the fire was simulated had long since stopped being a pub, and it was the upstairs of the Body Shop. I remember it was quite a talking point at the time as all of the shops in the area of filming had Christmas decorations put up, much to the bemusement of everyone including the local media!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast