+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Every time a turntable appears on screen when we're watching TV, Mrs. B rewinds, pauses the picture and waits for me to annouce what it is before continuing. She knows me too well...

As to the best starring role for a turntable, it has to be the Columbo episode "The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case", where an ADC Accutrac 4000 has a starring role as the method used by the murderer to cover up his dastardly deed and try to throw Columbo off the scent!
    you are a lucky man !! , my wife would definitely not do that !
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Gary.

And there was the Gyrodec in the film Looper...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm nigel.

spotted what looked like a B&O 70s era loudspeaker in a sofa ad yesterday...just the one without grille or any gear to drive it.
    just to rub it in it was randomly shoved against a wall with no thought of stereo imaging.

what are these ad people on...MAKES ME SOOO MAD.... need to take meds now!!!

I'm nigel.

spotted on AMERICAN PICKERS Monday night (look, there was f**k all else on!!!) a vintage YAMAHA CR 1020 receiver.
    I had one of these fabulous beasts a couple of years ago and flogged it on a carboot sale for the princely sum of 20 quid.

this was just before I joined this forum and had no idea there was a thriving market for this era of kit. mine had all the dial bulbs out but still worked flawlessly.....I even reset the idle current to 10mv as per a bods advice,

would buy it back now for treble that I got for it.......SOB

nige.

I'm sorted.

(sorry, yes, I do watch Corrie) Looks like mainly Acoustic Solutions (he's had a turntable on top instead of the beer bottles in recent episodes)

I'm nigel.

judging by the womans face behind the chair the stereo has COLDPLAY on!!!!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    judging by the womans face behind the chair the stereo has COLDPLAY on!!!!

'In 2005 Craig Charles joined the principal cast of Coronation Street, the world's longest-running TV soap opera, playing philandering taxicab driver, Lloyd Mullaney. Charles introduced aspects of the character himself, making Lloyd a Northern Soul DJ and record collector, and funk music enthusiast. He chooses funk and soul music which plays in the background during scenes, and posters for The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club and Red Dwarf have also appeared in the background.'

Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' was playing in the background the other night.

I'm John.

I have a VHS tape (yes, I still watch them, got loads of never-to-be-repeated progs on them) with an interview/chat between the wonderful late-lamented Douglas Adams and the irritatingly smug Richard Dawkins in Adams' London house. We don't get to see the main system but lurking in the background are a pair of big B+Ws, the equivalent today would be 802 Diamonds. Adams was apparently a big hi-fi nut. Given his wealth I wish I'd been his local dealer

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    I have a VHS tape (yes, I still watch them, got loads of never-to-be-repeated progs on them) with an interview/chat between the wonderful late-lamented Douglas Adams and the irritatingly smug Richard Dawkins in Adams' London house. We don't get to see the main system but lurking in the background are a pair of big B+Ws, the equivalent today would be 802 Diamonds. Adams was apparently a big hi-fi nut. Given his wealth I wish I'd been his local dealer
    There was an article in one of the mags at the time about Richard Adams's system.
    From my shaky memory, it might have been Hi Fi Choice.
    The system might have contained Audio Research components.
    The speakers were panels, possibly Martin Logans. Maybe.
    At the time it was a pretty valid stab at best of the best, as I recall.

I'm sure someone on here will remember more than me....

I'm sorted.

New Peugeot 108 ad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast