+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Laurie.

In a bbc news 24 ad there’s a brief shot of astronomer physicist chap Brian Cox in his living room with what looks like audio note an\e with blue hemp cones in background.
    Cool, physicist likes tubes? Didn’t see amp just assumption
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    In a bbc news 24 ad there’s a brief shot of astronomer physicist chap Brian Cox in his living room with what looks like audio note an\e with blue hemp cones in background.
    Cool, physicist likes tubes? Didn’t see amp just assumption
    He was using Audion Silver Knight monoblocks, don't know if he still is.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I would have assumed he'd have a Rega Planet CD player and Moon amp. So, Audion, endorsed by a physicist? Might bump up value of mine. But probably not
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

His equipment choices demonstrate a complete disregard for audio science. But I suppose things can only get better....
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Adam.

I can't remember who it was for, but there was an advert on TV the other night showing a Thorens TD150 Mk2 playing a record. So what, I hear you cry? Well, the outer platter was completely missing - the record was sitting on the subplatter.

WHY?? This sort of thing really bugs me and, yes, yes, I know I should get out more...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    His equipment choices demonstrate a complete disregard for audio science. But I suppose things can only get better....
    I think that the song says a lot about the man, as does his quasi euphoric style of presentation.

I would love to hear his account and reasoning behind his choices.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    his quasi euphoric style of presentation.

lol.

The Sweeney - Reagan's 'gaff'. Cleary he has had his dinner by this point and is enjoying a glass of wine. But what is his turntable (other than something for him to put the phone receiver down on)?

Current Lash Up:

I'm John.

We've had it before but here's another shot of Harry Bosch's rather fetching system. And that view....

I'm John.

When looking for better pictures, I found this: https://www.rewindaudio.com/hall-of-fame.html - so it's a rented system. I'd rather hoped it belonged to the actor or the director or something. I do like the simplicity of it, and I am sort of envious of having such a view to accompany late night listening sessions with a fine glass of whisky...

I'm Geoff.

The turntable in the Dacia TV commercial is going round the wrong way!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast