+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Shane.

I seem to remember a Morse episode where the murder victim was a Teifenbrun-type character who had designed a revolutionary (sorry) turntable of which Morse had an example. Sources say (I've too much time on my hands today) the the system he had was Roksan Xerxes/Naim Nait, speakers unknown.

Then there was that pair of Martin Logans that appeared in most episodes of Friends. Anyone who had a teenage daughter in the late '90s/early '00s will remember them.....
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Andr'e.

Department 'S': Vortexion/Ferro Series 6 R+R

In addition to the Transciptor TT on a Clockwork Orange their is also a B&O '3000' series Tuner & Amp.

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    I seem to remember a Morse episode where the murder victim was a Teifenbrun-type character who had designed a revolutionary (sorry) turntable of which Morse had an example. Sources say (I've too much time on my hands today) the the system he had was Roksan Xerxes/Naim Nait, speakers unknown.
    Yep the fictional Audio company was Richards Audio Research The episode is 'The Dead Of Jericho'
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 18-07-2014 at 10:19.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

In the film "Diva", the hero uses an Nagra 4-2 to make a surreptious recording of an opera singer. Cassette copies of this recording are made on Nakamichi tape and are played back on Revox equipment (which includes the linear-tracking TT) as well as a Sony Walkman. I think a Nakamichi 700 cassette player makes an appearence as well. (Talk about product placement!)

In the film "The Good Sheppard", the CIA use a Nagra III and associated gear to analyse the source of a conversation. And of course in the film "The Conversation", the wire-tapper uses some Uher tape machines and a Nagra SN machine.

A Nagra 4-2 also appears at the end of the film "The Year of Living Dangerously".
    Barry

I'm James.

Just remembered an episode of MTV cribs where Mark Ronson has a full Mcintosh setup... Their ugly turntable & all...

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    the system he had was Roksan Xerxes/Naim Nait, speakers unknown.
    There a total of three 'Xerxes' in that Episode. Morse House, Anne Stavely House & ofc the Alan Richards {Which it turns out is actually Tony} lecture & office..

If you watch the bit where Alan Richards {Tony} holds the lecture as well as in his office rig there is a two box half width Naim amp with the 'Xerxes' 'XPS-1' PSU sat on top.. The two box could be a '32'/'110'. But what is being used to drive the Sennheiser 'HD400/410'? headsets you also see?

The 'Nait'/'Xerxes' is in Anne Stavely house.

synsei Guest

As a result of this excellent info it would seem I will be watching my first episode of Morse later, thanks chaps

I'm Adam.

Every time a turntable appears on screen when we're watching TV, Mrs. B rewinds, pauses the picture and waits for me to annouce what it is before continuing. She knows me too well...

As to the best starring role for a turntable, it has to be the Columbo episode "The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case", where an ADC Accutrac 4000 has a starring role as the method used by the murderer to cover up his dastardly deed and try to throw Columbo off the scent!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Every time a turntable appears on screen when we're watching TV, Mrs. B rewinds, pauses the picture and waits for me to annouce what it is before continuing. She knows me too well...

I'm James.

In the film "The mechanic" Jason Statham's character has a Pro-Ject turntable & Jolida valve amp... Which blows the house up when it reaches the end of the record

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast